Hacking Acekard 2i sleep mode?

Timir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an Acekard 2i a while ago so I could stop carrying around all my DS cartridges, and all was good, but I've noticed since I've had it that the sleep mode does not work properly and the DS lite still seems to be running at full power even though it's in 'sleep mode' and the light is blinking to show that.(Battery fully charged then game played for an hour then put into sleep mode will completely die by the time I wake up 8 hours later. I can play for pretty much the full battery life like usual with it on and if I turn it off fully between gaming sessions)
It happens with all my game backups, and I went from official firmware to AKAIO 1.5 now I'm going to update to 1.5.1 but I don't think that's going to do anything. Hardware ID is 81.

Any help would be appreciated

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
SkH said:
ShatteredScreens said:
You put it into sleep mode for 8 hours? There's your problem.
Why would it be a problem?
Flashcarts use more power than normal games, and sleep mode is really just turning the screens off and pausing the game (maybe underclocking the processor too), not like on a laptop where you could suspend to disk.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
ProtoKun7 said:
Probably because flashcarts use more power, even in sleep mode.

QUOTE(ShatteredScreens @ Feb 26 2010, 08:48 PM) Flashcarts use more power than normal games, and sleep mode is really just turning the screens off and pausing the game (maybe underclocking the processor too), not like on a laptop where you could suspend to disk.

I see, sorry I didn't read through the first post fully.

Luksy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's definitely a problem with the 2i sleep mode.

I just switched from a dslinker to the 2i, and it's obvious sleep mode just doesn't work. I can close the lid and leave the DS on standby for DAYS with a normal cart or the dslinker, with the acekard the battery is dead in a few hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person