Hacking Acekard 2i question with ds lite and 3ds

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I just got my 3ds yesterday and I have a ds lite and acekard 2i. I have an 8gb micro ad I want to use with my lite since it has gba compatability and a 4gb to use temporarily with the 3ds for some ds games. Now what I am wondering if inset up one micro ad card for the 3ds can I swap it out for the other one and use it in ds lite? Or does it update the actual acekard itself and make it only work in the 3ds.

Thanks for your help

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you can put akaio on 100 cards with 1,000 different files and swap the msd cards into your ak2i at will.

the bootloader update has nothing to do with the msd card. it flashes a section of the ak2i so that you can boot that ak2i on the dsi and 3ds. you will still be able to use a full updated ak2i on the phat and lite.

is that what you were asking?

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it was thank you very much I wanted to make sure I woulbt render my ds lite useless for gba games thanks again

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there is nothing to worry about with that. the ak2i will not cause any harm to your ds lite. you will be able to play gba roms using a slot-2 flash kit or actual gba games. you can keep a gba game or slot-2 flash kit in the ds lite while you are actively gaming from slot-1. they won't mix or interfere with each other at all, unless you want them to (ie: 3in1 support and passme).

-another world

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks I no all about the ds lite I've had that for a couple years now inning ezflash v and acekard 2i

Was just curious how swapping from the two would affect it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse