Acekard 2i Picture on DSi Main Menu 1.4

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Haloman800, Feb 10, 2010.

Feb 10, 2010
  1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I just saw the Acekard 2i Logo instead of the Danny Phantom one on the main menu of my DSi.

I was playing Tetris DS in Marathon Mode, when I got to line 629, the game froze, but the music was still playing, I pressed the reset button and when the menu came up it had the "Acekard 2i" logo instead of Danny Phantom.

I took out the card and put it back in, but it's Danny Phantom now and it won't go back D=.

Does it have something to do with Tetris DS? Or was it just random?

At least this means it's possible to have the logo instead of Danny Phantom on 1.4

2. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    lawl you probably shouldnt worry about that,unless it doesnt work.

3. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    ? I'm not worried about anything..? I'm just wondering if anyone knows why this happened and if they know how to make it happen =P.

Also... It's been freezing a lot on me when I play a game for more than thirty minutes.. I know I was reading a topic on this last night, could anyone link me it if they have it?

4. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    If you're on 1.4 and the AK2i icon is there, when you click it, it won't load.

5. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I don't claim that I know about how the AK2i/DSi etc actually 'work' together but here's a possibility to what MAY've happened

> There's something called a 'VID' involved that alllows flashcards to work on DSi
    > I think that the AK has a specific part of EEPROM memory that contains the ICON shown on the main screen
    > I also think that the DSi 'looks' at this memory for info to determine if the card is genuine or not
    > I believe that to bypass the DSi block - this memory is overwritten by the AK as soon as it get power, with the info contained in 'Danny Phantom' (I think this info is stored elsewhere - perhaps within the memory locations that the AK 1.4 patch resides)

To allow memory to be either 'read' or 'written' to - there's USUALLY a 'read/write' flag (or Bit) that need to be changed depending on what need to be done

I'm guessing that with the power off - the flag is 'zero' which allows 'writing' to memory

As soon as you switch on & the AK gets power it 'writes' to this EEPROM memory location the required info (ie 'Danny Phantom' stored in the 1.4patch memory location) and sets the read/write flag to '1' - to allow it to be 'read' by the DSi

The DSi then reads the info & displays the 'Danny Phantom' thinking it's a genuine game card

HOWEVER it's possible that when you switch off/on the DSi the 'read/write' flag MAY lock into 'read only' mode - maybe due to some residue voltage in the system or something - & because it's stuck on 'read' then the Ak CAN'T copy over the Danny Phantom info over & since the flag is stuck in 'read' mode the DSi 'reads' the original info that was stored there when the card was made - i.e. the AK Icon info

Of course this is purely speculation.. & for all I know I'm talking a load of b******t

6. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I had this problem as well, I just had to pop it out and it was (nearly) fixed.
    Now I get the DP logo, and the error.

7. killakk

Newcomer killakk Member

United States
    does acekard 2i work on 1.4e?

8. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    if it is upgraded BEFORE putting in 1.4 - the version is what matters, the letter is only region of DSi.

9. House Spider

Ireland
    Don't get one if you don't have an Original DS, DSLite or a DSi on 1.3 or else you can't update it to work on 1.4.

10. killakk

Newcomer killakk Member

United States
    I don't get it guys I have a dsi version 1.4E will a acekard 2i work if i buy one now

11. Sumea

Finland
    85% change of: NO

some sites sell pre upgraded ones, but you cannot count on that.

I even hate to say it... NAH I do not, because it is so cool; Get a M3i Zero - you can upgrade that without need of a NDS and IT WILL work...

also, really nice offtopic chain here,,,

12. killakk

Newcomer killakk Member

United States
    Ok so which flash cart will work for my dsi I have a dsi which is version 1.4E now?
    And where should I get from?

Posts merged

I'm so scared

Posts merged

could you give me a site that sells pre upgraded acekard 2i's then?

13. House Spider

Ireland
    Try the ones on the homepage.

14. Sumea

Finland
    Did he not read - I mean, it is not wrong to say "get M3i zero if unsure, since that has a upgrade for 1.4 firmware, and is upgradeable by only help of USB port and the M3i itself"

just saying - Acekard has the flaw of needing another DS system for upgrade.

15. killakk

Newcomer killakk Member

United States
    Ok thanks alot mate you are the best