Hacking acekard 2i or dstwo for dsi

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay I own both AK2I and SC dstwo.

I need to say: Acekard has been my first real flashcard(after a ef-v and r4) I liked it but still I did not have some features like:

Real time save(wchich I do not care about)
Gba emulation HOLY COW when I was a n00b I asked for a gba emu for r4! :omg:
snes emu Hmmm I realize that it is good, very good!
Movie player sweeet app!

Acekard has overall better cheat support and has more languages.

cheat example

SCdstwo says catch all pokemon
AK2I says Catch all pokemon (press L+R) Button thing is in the discription.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
ShadowSoldier said:
How could you guys not name the con of the DSTWO, the emulation compatibility, is not the best. It's like 90% or something. Few games don't work

Actually a lot of European GBA ROMs don't work! "game_config.txt" lists mostly US ROMs.

well if you don't like the dstwo"s emulators than you can go and buy a cart with better emulators. wait there is no cart that plays .nds and has a better emulator
you're mostly just looking for reason to hate, nothing more..

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
Etalon said:
ShadowSoldier said:
How could you guys not name the con of the DSTWO, the emulation compatibility, is not the best. It's like 90% or something. Few games don't work

Actually a lot of European GBA ROMs don't work! "game_config.txt" lists mostly US ROMs.

well if you don't like the dstwo"s emulators than you can go and buy a cart with better emulators. wait there is no cart that plays .nds and has a better emulator

Acekard 2i + EZ 3-in-1 is the same price as the DSTWO essentially.

It's not the best, I can get majority of the snes games I want, to work on the Acekard, but for some reason, Super Adventure Island 2 does not work. Hell even on the PSP it slows down dramatically.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

QUOTE said:

It's not the best, I can get majority of the snes games I want, to work on the Acekard, but for some reason, Super Adventure Island 2 does not work. Hell even on the PSP it slows down dramatically.

with it's own emulator

and you can even run that set up if you're using a DSi..which is what he's asking
acekard 2i or dstwo for dsi

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
RoMee said:

I don't hate DSTwo. I'm just pointing out some problems. DSTwo is some kind of grab bag with a lot of features. But they don't work that good.

Akaio has proven that CPU is not necessary for AP bypass.

But I really hope that GBA compatibility on DSTwo will get better over time. Then it could be a true competitor to Akaio.

tsantsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
tsantsa said:
I went through the process of checkout on both sites, to see how they worked...whats this from shoptemp saying it takes 2 to 6 weeks or something for shipping? Something about mainland china...

If you look on other sites for pretty much anything, 95% of them say "2-5 weeks", that's just standard. A lot of people have their product within 2 weeks. I bought my Acekard and received it in 10 days.

And the mainland China, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Shoptemp switch postal services?

I filled out my location correctly.

China Post Air Mail
$0.00
China Post Registered Air Mail
$0.00
China Post Air Mail (no packaging)
$0.00
Express Shipping (DHL/UPS/EMS)
$21.00

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
RoMee said:

I don't hate DSTwo. I'm just pointing out some problems. DSTwo is some kind of grab bag with a lot of features. But they don't work that good.

Akaio has proven that CPU is not necessary for AP bypass.

But I really hope that GBA compatibility on DSTwo will get better over time. Then it could be a true competitor to Akaio.

lol..it's like saying R4 clones are better than akaio
laugh.gif

I'm gonna stop now..I'm going off topic
sorry tsantsa

edit:
I only recommended RHS because I thought you was from the US..
you should go with shoptemp if you're outside the US

realhotstuff.hk http://www.realhotstuff.hk/ just opened up with prices like shoptemp, but I've never ordered from there before..just in case you want to check them out

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoMee said:
ShadowSoldier said:

QUOTE said:

with it's own emulator

and you can even run that set up if you're using a DSi..which is what he's asking
QUOTE said:
acekard 2i or dstwo for dsi

My bad, I'm not directly in front of my monitor or have my glasses on, and I just woke up. Thought it said "dsl"

Okay then yeah, DSTWO is your best choice here.

I filled out my location correctly.

China Post Air Mail
$0.00
China Post Registered Air Mail
$0.00
China Post Air Mail (no packaging)
$0.00
Express Shipping (DHL/UPS/EMS)
$21.00

Doesn't that come up to over 50 bucks? Or you don't care?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you don't have to pay for the express shipping if you don't want to. It'll just arrive in a couple days. If you choose not to do any of that, it'll take 2 weeks or so.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tsantsa said:
Im in the us.

okay than.
I always order from realhotstuff.com and I always get it in less than 3 days
free shipping in the USA

from my experience with shoptemp, if you choose the express shipping, it still take about a week

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
A week is still a damn good time. Not to mention, it depends on how busy the post office is.

yeah but

$35 for the dstwo plus express shipping $21= $55 and you get it in a week
at RHS it's $39 + free ship and get it in 3 days

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you pay for the express item, you'll get it within a week. It costs more, but you get it faster. If you don't, it could take anywhere from a week and a half, to a month.

And you have to remember, with Christmas right around the corner, they're probably getting orders in left right and center. So the faster you order, the faster you get your item without having to wait for the Xmas rush.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an owner of both flashcarts and I must say they both have pros and cons about them (not that many though)...

First Acekard 2i:

Pros:
+ Good game compatibility
+ Works on DS, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL/LL,
+ Has a UNIQUE custom firmware called AKAIO! This is the reason most people get the cart.

Cons:
- You'll have to wait for an update or patch to play the latest games...
- Not the best build quality
- Not that many features.

You can buy it for $15 from ShopTemp - Really reliable!!!

Secondly Supercard DSTWO (The KING of all carts!):

Pros:
+ FEATURE PACKED! (Video Player (supports avi, xvid, rmvb, flv, and many more), GBA emulator, SNES EMU, and load's of other stuff!!!)
+ Beats all the Anti-Piracy, so basically you can load the latest games and play them without patching.
+ IN-BUILT CPU! More processing power, More Possiblities!
+ And there's more! But to many to mention...

Cons:
- The cartridge tends to get stuck in some DS's ...

You can buy it for $35 at ShopTemp - Better than buying games individually ...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have ordered a flashcart from Shenzhen, China before (through iShopVideoGame i believe, before Shoptemp began promoting on this site) and I chose the DHL shipping. I ordered on a tuesday evening i think, and got it on a monday. Thats about 4 business days.
I also ordered a different flashcart, from the same company, with free shipping, and it took between three and four weeks.
Based on the tracking registry they both went through customs on the same day, but I couldn't afford DHL on the second order. Believe me I did feel like an idiot not ordering the stuff at the same time because I would've been able to get em shipped in the same package.

Deciding never to order overseas again without good savings to make the patience worth exercising, I bought my AK2i and some R4s from a California based online store. Living in southern arizona at the time, I settled on the particular shop because of their location in southern california and proximity to arizona, assuring that I'd get speedy delivery with regular first-class mail and still not have to pay sales tax. The prices are competitive with Realhotstuff, which is based out of New Jersey. However, they didn't have any free shipping deals, so I paid a little more in the end.
I got my package in within 4 days from the day I placed the order, since most retailers don't guarantee same day shipping that's the best I expected for first-class mail.

If you're on the west coast and want to check it out, I can find the website of that shop for you, otherwise I'd say just go with RHS if you're not willing to wait over a week or pay over $20 for delivery in less than a week. Supporting Shoptemp is great and all, and I do plan to get my DSTwo from them, but that is because I have something to use in the meantime.

edit: and as for the topic, that card I'm using in the meantime is an AK2i, and I love it. I disagree with Tajio's con about the AK2i "- You'll have to wait for an update or patch to play the latest games..." that ignores AKAIO's new Anti-Anti-Piracy has had a really good track record of actually working when enabled. I don't have a DSTwo myself to compare it to, but I have played The Sims 3 EU an awful lot with my AK2i with no patches or cheats at all after enabling AKAIO's AAP, and have not experienced any of the AP-related issues reported by people with other carts or running older builds of AKAIO.
The reasons I want a DSTwo are because I'm on a DSi XL, my AK2i has had to be physically fiddled with a couple times to fix/prevent contact issues, and I would like to see the DSTwo interface and non-GBA emulators. I own the iPlayer already, and I played with the GBA emulator on it a little bit (which is functionally extremely similar and based on the same code as the GBA emu on DSTwo) and found it to be only satisfactory. I think the DSi is a pretty crappy platform for portable video though, and I had only bought the iPlayer for GBA emulation.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tajio said:
I'm an owner of both flashcarts and I must say they both have pros and cons about them (not that many though)...

First Acekard 2i:

Pros:
+ Good game compatibility
+ Works on DS, DS lite, DSi, DSi XL/LL,
+ Has a UNIQUE custom firmware called AKAIO! This is the reason most people get the cart.

Cons:
- You'll have to wait for an update or patch to play the latest games...
- Not that many features.

You can buy it for $15 from ShopTemp - Really reliable!!!

Secondly Supercard DSTWO (The KING of all carts!):

Pros:
+ FEATURE PACKED! (Video Player (supports avi, xvid, rmvb, flv, and many more), GBA emulator, SNES EMU, and load's of other stuff!!!)
+ Beats all the Anti-Piracy, so basically you can load the latest games and play them without patching.
+ IN-BUILT CPU! More processing power, More Possiblities!
+ And there's more! But to many to mention...

Cons:
- The cartridge tends to get stuck in some DS's ...

You can buy it for $35 at ShopTemp - Better than buying games individually ...

...What? The AAP in the AKAIO 1.8 update is, if anything, on par with the DSTWO's so it can play all the latest games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: