Hacking Acekard 2i on N3DS: Possible?

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AK2i was blocked way back when, I believe at 4.5 firmware.

I've installed bluecardfix.cia and it does not restore AK2i functionality (it does allow my GW blue card to work though).

Am I missing an additional step?

I believe Nintendo blocked the card on the whitelist and also with TWL_FRM - something about TWL_FRM blocking all cards that have a certain type of ram on them...?

So - is there a way to allow my AK2i to run again on N3DS 9.0?

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
The AceKard is only compatible up to 3DS firmware 4.3. Any newer, and it will not work, due to a save checking feature that was implemented in 4.4.

Source: I own one.
Same issue for me but with O3DS. Blue card works great but ak2i won't launch, I think it was blocked pre-4.5 so there might be no hope.

Last edited by BringusStudios,

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2DS (basically O3DS) on 9.2 that works just fine with my AK2i, updated to 1.4.4 (not 1.4.5).
IIRC, I didn't have to mess with TWL_FIRM, just a previous whitelist.
"That certain 3DS piracy site" has a very informative thread.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same issue for me but with O3DS. Blue card works great but ak2i won't launch, I think it was blocked pre-4.5 so there might be no hope.
There is a fix, sadly it only works for o3DS.
You have to downgrade your TWL_FIRM (there is a thread on that ISO site named "Proper Old DS Cart Enable (RF) (more complete than Flash Card Time Warp)", it has a download for TWL_FIRM, you'll need both that and a downgraded whitelist to make the AK2i work again. This is because it was blocked in the big update Nintendo made (in 4.4) that blocked carts by a new method rather than just the whitelist.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is a fix, sadly it only works for o3DS.
You have to downgrade your TWL_FIRM (there is a thread on that ISO site named "Proper Old DS Cart Enable (RF) (more complete than Flash Card Time Warp)", it has a download for TWL_FIRM, you'll need both that and a downgraded whitelist to make the AK2i work again. This is because it was blocked in the big update Nintendo made (in 4.4) that blocked carts by a new method rather than just the whitelist.
If new3DS users can roll back the whitelist to v0, why can't we install an earlier TWL_FIRM?

I remember the v1.0 TWL_FIRM, DS mode looked rubbish. It was improved vastly in the very first firmware update.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If new3DS users can roll back the whitelist to v0, why can't we install an earlier TWL_FIRM?

I remember the v1.0 TWL_FIRM, DS mode looked rubbish. It was improved vastly in the very first firmware update.
DS-mode won't boot if TWL_FIRM is downgraded on n3DS. Hardware differences and all.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

sanin6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an Action replay for 3ds you can use that to bypass the block; thats what I did for my Acekard 2i on my "New" 3ds and my original 3ds. :)
Just plug it in and press the start button to start game. the only downfall though was that you would have the action replay sticking out, but if it doesn't bug you, your good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.