ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Just found my old acekard 2i while having a clear out. Was wondering if theres any way to run this on the 3ds.

I remember having to update it to work on the dsi but iv no longer got that.

Im currently on aureinand sysnand 10.7. If there is a way whats the simplest way for me to get my ak2i to work, or to update it without a different console?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install the patched twl_firm cia, or the latest not yet released version of aureinand with firmware_twl.bin in your aurei folder

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 2i never worked on the 3DS and requires TWL-Slot 1 launcher to boot it.

Yes it did, and no it doesn't. Acekard 2i had multiple updates for 3DS before it was completely blocked with firmware 4.4, iirc. You might be thinking of the 2.1 or something. At any rate, Apache's launcher isn't required to run the 2i, only a patched TWL_FIRM is.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Yes it did, and no it doesn't. Acekard 2i had multiple updates for 3DS before it was completely blocked with firmware 4.4, iirc. You might be thinking of the 2.1 or something. At any rate, Apache's launcher isn't required to run the 2i, only a patched TWL_FIRM is.
Sorry, I knew that was the case for the 2.1 and assumed it was the same for the 2i.

OP, ignore me. Apparently I don't know what I'm talking about :P

Reactions: daxtsu

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry, I knew that was the case for the 2.1 and assumed it was the same for the 2i.

OP, ignore me. Apparently I don't know what I'm talking about :P

If I recall, the 2i was quite a bit newer, so it could stand the test of time a bit longer than the 2.1. If Acekard had implemented the hardware EEPROM chip or whatever Nintendo began checking for in 4.4, it could still be working to this very day without patched TWL_FIRM, in theory. That's all in the past now though. :P

Also, fun off-topic side note: with that patched TWL_FIRM, it's safe to downgrade the Acekard 2i back to the Deep Labyrinth firmware instead of the Pippa Funnell one, for quicker boot times into AKAIO.

Reactions: astronautlevel

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also, fun off-topic side note: with that patched TWL_FIRM, it's safe to downgrade the Acekard 2i back to the Deep Labyrinth firmware instead of the Pippa Funnell one, for quicker boot times into AKAIO.

Nice. Would you happen to be able to provide me with a search term or pointer in the right direction for the old firmware?

ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys were do j get the patched twl_firm?

Also its been a while do i need to put anything specific on the sd for the ak2i?

ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks for the help guys got it working.

FYI it still won't boot with the patched TWL_FIRM, I have to use the TWL-Slot 1 launcher to boot it.

Not sure but it will be on an old kernel for the DS Lite. Would this be the reason it requires the launcher? For some reason it won't let me update the kernel I open the .nds which updates the kernel and it gices the options "press start to install or any other key to cancel", without pressing any buttons it says update cancelled reboot the DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Took about 10 tried but managed to update the kernel eventually. Looks like you need the launcher if your on an old kernel, but not on a new one.

ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nice. Would you happen to be able to provide me with a search term or pointer in the right direction for the old firmware?

Did some digging and found the firmware, faster boot and pony free: http://web.archive.org/web/20120428.../download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds4.0_dsi144.zip

AlexFolland

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The web archive link in the above post still works perfectly. My Acekard 2i wouldn't work in my 3DS even with Luma3DS installed fully, so I used my DSi to run the linked archived firmware installer and then my 3DS could read my Acekard 2i for the first time in years! Thank you so much! I had lost hope that I'd ever be able to have that same experience again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu