Hacking AceKard 2i Not working on 3DS 4.1.0-8 - Goes into sleep mode

BounleeP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a AceKard 2i HW 8181 CHIP ID: 0fc2 that I'm trying to get to work on a 3DS software 4.1.0-8. I've updated the AceKard to the latest firmware here with a DS Lite successfully then I turned it off, inserted the AceKard 2i into my 3DS and boot it up but all it does is flash a white screen, go black then go into Sleep Mode "In Sleep Mode, the system can..." "Software closed. Power Off".

The AceKard 2i works perfectly on my Nintendo DS Lite...

Please help!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It might not have updated correctly. To check, look at the game icon that appears on your ds lite. If it's anything other than Labyrinth (European version), your ak2i might not have updated to the latest version.

To help you, can you detail the steps you took to update?

BounleeP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might not have updated correctly. To check, look at the game icon that appears on your ds lite. If it's anything other than Labyrinth (European version), your ak2i might not have updated to the latest version.

To help you, can you detail the steps you took to update?

Yes it shows up as Deep Labyrinth - How do I check if it's the European version?

Steps:
1. I downloaded & extracted this into my microSD Card
2. Inserted the microSD into the AceKard 2i and ran it on my Nintendo DS Lite
3. Loaded up "ak2ifw_update_3ds40_dsi144_onDSL.nds"
4. Eject the card and insert it again and pressed b
5. Press start and the update completed.

Then I tried it on the Nintendo 3DS but it doesn't boot up.. it goes into sleep mode and tell me to shut down the system.

TommySkullballTr

Trophies
XP
I think you must update you're Acekard whit the latest DSi frimware to make it work on the 3DS :)

Sorry for the horrible spelling (I'm from sweden :P)

ToxieDogg

Trophies
XP
Country
Very strange. I've literally just updated my own Acekard 2i with that file (also ran it through my old DS Lite to update it like you did) and it now working perfectly on both my DS Lite and my 3DS which has the latest official 3DS firmware installed on it. The Acekard shows up as 'Deep Labyrinth', doesn't say it's the (European Version) but don't think that matters.

Couple of suggestions, What's the 'HWID' number of your card? Apparently (according to the readme.txt file, if your Acekard's HWID number is 44, the update won't work properly...you find the HWID number by booting up the Acekard, pressing start and then selecting 'help'...although if you bought your Acekard after February 2009, you should be fine)

Other than that, I'd try maybe flashing an older version of the Acekard firmware onto your Acekard and then reflashing back to the latest one. And also before you do anything else, try backing up all your files, reformatting your micro SD card (with Panasonic SD card formatter) and starting from scratch.

It really should be working OK on your 3DS (as I said, just done it myself with no problems).

BounleeP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very strange. I've literally just updated my own Acekard 2i with that file (also ran it through my old DS Lite to update it like you did) and it now working perfectly on both my DS Lite and my 3DS which has the latest official 3DS firmware installed on it. The Acekard shows up as 'Deep Labyrinth', doesn't say it's the (European Version) but don't think that matters.

Couple of suggestions, What's the 'HWID' number of your card? Apparently (according to the readme.txt file, if your Acekard's HWID number is 44, the update won't work properly...you find the HWID number by booting up the Acekard, pressing start and then selecting 'help'...although if you bought your Acekard after February 2009, you should be fine)

Other than that, I'd try maybe flashing an older version of the Acekard firmware onto your Acekard and then reflashing back to the latest one. And also before you do anything else, try backing up all your files, reformatting your micro SD card (with Panasonic SD card formatter) and starting from scratch.

It really should be working OK on your 3DS (as I said, just done it myself with no problems).

Yeah it's weird cause I did everything you mentioned and it still doesn't work.

HW 8181 CHIP ID: 0fc2

geekkeeg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because I did not find a solution for this anywhere...
I was having the same error.
To get it to go away, I simply made multiple folders for my roms and split them up. I'm guessing my Rom list was just too large (~27G...lol) for the 3ds to cache all at once.

Hopefully this helps someone else having this issue.

(I did have to update my card on my old DS first to even get the GUI to load on the 3ds initially, of course.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol