Hacking Acekard 2i 'No DS Card Is Inserted'

Lightfunkyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

I recently purchased an Acekard 2i from an internet supplier, it was in the new Christmas package (flashed for 1.4.1 DSI) and completely untouched, anyhow the DSL & DSI can't detect the card.

Any advice on what to do now?

Lightfunkyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yep, been messing around with flashards for a while now, especially R4s, but this one won't show up even though it is flashable... I wonder if I have an Acekard 2.1 and not a 2i card...is the chip ID different?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lightfunkyone said:
Etalon said:

AKAIO is not needed nor is a micro sd to be inserted in the sd slot for the Acekard to be recognized in a DSL or DSI... hence the title No DS Card Inserted

so to add to the question... even though it is not recognized as ' inserted' I am still able to flash it, and the chip ID shows as 0000 and not 0fc2f.....
Maybe if you bothered to READ rather than expect a plain answer, you'd have it working now.

First off, the link says ACEKARD not AKAIO.
Second, step 12 is probably what you're looking for.
http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

How are you able to flash it (it would require the Acekard to be running properly) if the DS says there is no card inserted?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if the chip ID is read as 0000 i am sure something with the hardware is shot and your card is faulty.
You should get a reading for the chipID at least.

Also, how are you running the flash if your card is not detected?

Lightfunkyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To both posts above ...I used the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on an r4 inserted in my DSL, when run I swapped the r4 for the acekard and it recognized a flash card with a chip id: 0000 fw: 8181, it is fully flashable.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd honestly suggest that you try the 'paper trick' where you put a slip of paper under the PCB and fold it over the label leaving a tab at the top.
Boot your R4 and run the DSL update, swap for your AK2i when it asks and slightly pull up on the paper THEN continue with the firmware update.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the DSL wont read that the flashcart is inserted or when you try to start the flashcart, it says to shutdown the system? Cause I got a christmas acekard 2i and it needed to be updated, it had the Danny Phantom logo and not Stormrider even tho the site said it would work on DSL fw 141.(The logo im talking about is the one that pops up on the DSi menu after you insert the flashcart.)

Lightfunkyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
I'd honestly suggest that you try the 'paper trick' where you put a slip of paper under the PCB and fold it over the label leaving a tab at the top.
Boot your R4 and run the DSL update, swap for your AK2i when it asks and slightly pull up on the paper THEN continue with the firmware update.

No amount of paper would even sort this cart out

QUOTE(dragonkid6 @ Jan 14 2011, 08:55 AM) So the DSL wont read that the flashcart is inserted or when you try to start the flashcart, it says to shutdown the system? Cause I got a christmas acekard 2i and it needed to be updated, it had the Danny Phantom logo and not Stormrider even tho the site said it would work on DSL fw 141.(The logo im talking about is the one that pops up on the DSi menu after you insert the flashcart.)
no card detected, Ive tried it on 3 dsl's and 2 dsi's..all say no card inserted, strange how it can pop up when I use the Stormrider flash and it will complete process to 100% i've had about 8 of these acekards, this one is a dud. Like someone stated earlier ..maybe it's because the fw shows as 0000's... god knows

EDIT:
Expertron has finally come through and accepted to exchange the card, good times!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?