www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
acekardlogo.gif
Acekard 2i language fix released
Runs on any language DSi!
acekard2i_worldwide.png
Now that the beta testing is completed; the Acekard Team have released their update tool that fixes the known compatibility issue of the Acekard 2i running on DSi's that have their system language set to anything but English.

Unlike the usual loader updates, this fix updates the actual cart firmware, so be careful when running (and ensure you have a charged up battery). The fix is simple to run though -- just copy the .nds file in the attached zip file to the root of your micro SD card, and then proceed to boot up your DS. The automatic update will then run.

icon13.gif
Warning: This update should only be used on Acekard 2i's that have a hardware ID of "81". You can check your HW ID by booting up your AK2i (WITHOUT this fix on your SD card!) and going to Start > Help. If your HW ID is anything but "81" do NOT apply this update as you will most likely brick your cart. The team are working on an update for other AK 2i HW revisions.

download.gif
 Download
discuss.png
 Discuss

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so in theory, if you modified this update file, you could make a flashing tool for bricked AK2is or to circumvent firmware updates?

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, Acekard specifically mentioned that they won't release a tool to circumvent updates.
In theory you could possibly inject update code into this, bypassing that problem.
That's what I'm thinking.

A-Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
surely all u who r saying this culd get round updtes u need 2 riun the nds file surely and correct me if im wrong if it stops tyhe acxekard from turning on then you cannot acces the nds file.?

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow! I just got ma Acekard 2i today (HW: 81) and then this patch is released. Lucky! That's what I call "perfect timing". And I thought the Acekard team was just ignoring the problem. Seems I was wrong. That's what I call "good support"!

LUGiA

Trophies
XP
Country
should I update even if i am just going to use English

also can thgis update be run on a DSLite or is it recommend to run on DSi

tenshinoneko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool
biggrin.gif
I was waiting for this update before being able to give away one DSi for my mom cuz she speaks spanish.

I hope they get to fix the language issue on the other carts too
moogle.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Henry Hatsworth said:
should I update even if i am just going to use English

also can thgis update be run on a DSLite or is it recommend to run on DSi

I do believe it is recommended to run on DSi since it was the DSi that is region-locked.

As I'm reading this post, I thought to myself, "How will this affect AKAIO?". I read a bit closer and I realize it updates the cart firmware, not the system firmware. I'm guessing, that if you were to temporarily run the official Acekard FW to apply this patch to your HW81 Acekard2i then re-install AKAIO, it would run. Although this is just a theory. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong that way don't have a billion posts asking if this is compatible with AKAIO. Perhaps you don't even need to temporarily swap to the official Acekard FW, but we're going to need someone of higher intelligence to confirm.

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth