Acekard 2i in Acekard 2 box with DSi sticker?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Chris_Skylock, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Ok. SO I was in Manila yesterday to scout for a DSi flashcart when my supplier, Celtex, is selling fucking R4i and they told me it is better than Acekard 2i. I left their store with grin on my face and saying "I will never returning to this place again except to have my DSI repaired"

So I went to the other mall near it at V-Mall and I saw my dream flashcart, EZ Flash Vi, for the same price as the Celtex's used to be Acekard. Then I saw another store that sells Acekard 2i for Php 200 more than EZ Flash Vi. The box was supposed to be somewhat the old Acekard 2 box with nothing inside but the cart itsel. it has a small 1cmx1cm sticker outside that says "DSI Compatible" in Microsoft Word text in Times New Roman font. inside again is the usual cardboard pre-cut box-shape that looks like the old R4 box and nothing more than the cart itself. The actual cart is Acekard 2 with the letter i just after the logo. It says DSi compatible too just below the acekard logo

So tell me. What kind of batches are these as they are all over this V-Mall? Should I buy it or not for the sake of my DSi's safety?

Also, I will need your assistance as I have other clients who will buy the DSi at my Celtex supplier but hey might also buy teh R4i.

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If the box and card look anything like these then they are legit. As for which hardware revision it is (44 or 81), you can't tell by the box itself.

[​IMG]

PS. LMAO! R4i is better than AK2i? I hope that store goes out of business.

3. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    that's the one on the right. it is excatly the same or similar. I assure you it has no USB reader just the cart, the cardboard box and the outer box. I can rest easily now that I know it's genuine.

Can AKAIO have the same menu as the official one which has the MENU-HELP-FIRMWARE VERSION something like that. I dont like using the official firmware to check the hardware revision. I'll bring my AKAIO loaded microSDHC next friday and I will buy one as soon as I go to that store.

Also I want to prevent the bad batches to avoid getting pwnd by Nintendo just like the other guy who bricked his DSi

Thanks for the fast reply

PS: They told me it more advanced than Acekard as I was looking for Acekard 2i at their store. That Celtex is also selling the cheapest DSi so there's a problem. I stayed quietly and left their store.

Celtex is now selling R4i in favor from Acekard 2i so I was forced to look at other stores.

Things I should have told the salesladies

"The R4i has no support and I am one of the people who knows Acekard so well and we have a team dedicate to maintaining the support (paging Smiths and Normatt) so the Acekard is much more advanced than any flashcarts" If I told them that, they might be shocked. Though I should remind myself that Im just a part of this forum and nowhere a member of the AKAIO team. Though I will tell them that in tagalog next time I go visit them. They will get pwnd. lol

4. xshinox

Member xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    why would a store call an inferior flash cart better than the superior flash cart? i guess that store wanted you to buy the r4 instead.

5. yeahitschris

Member yeahitschris GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they tried to lie to chris, so they could get rid of it faster. shame shame shame [​IMG]

6. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Yeah it does. Can't you tell the difference by the bump in the middle also?