Hacking Acekard 2i help

pmk010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I hhave had an acekard2i for a while but can't seem to figure out something. Every time I load a game I have to start a new game and so I checked on my micro SD and there was no save file. Also every time I try to change the skin on the acekard2i it stays on the same one. Plus when I change other settings they never save.

I have had the same problems on both 3DS and DSi ( both EUR). I tried using AKAIO but had more problem. Tried formatting but still the same.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Windows formatter sees your SD card as a normal disk, but the Panasonic SD Formatter threats it as an actual SD card, and formats it with SD optimization.
Sometimes, completely unrelated problems are solved by formatting it with this specific tool.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think your MicroSD is somehow write-protected.
Setting menu options = writing to a settings-file
Saving game-saves = writing to game-save file
Changing skin = writing to a settings-file

There might be information about this on Google.

A clean ROM is an untouched ROM, without anti-piracy patches or hacks implemented.

pmk010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
I think your MicroSD is somehow write-protected.
Setting menu options = writing to a settings-file
Saving game-saves = writing to game-save file
Changing skin = writing to a settings-file

There might be information about this on Google.

A clean ROM is an untouched ROM, without anti-piracy patches or hacks implemented.

I'll look into whether my micro SD is write protected. How to find out whether a ROM is clean or not?

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might want to use Rominator for that -- It's a ROM manager that's very easy to use.
There are unofficial updates you'll need to download before new games are recognized, and if the game is older than the latest update's date and yet not recognized, it's a patched ROM.

pmk010

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
You might want to use Rominator for that -- It's a ROM manager that's very easy to use.
There are unofficial updates you'll need to download before new games are recognized, and if the game is older than the latest update's date and yet not recognized, it's a patched ROM.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean exactly. Where do you download these unofficial updates from and do you put them on your Micro SD or somewhere else e.g. your computer. And are these updates for the rom manager software.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here are the Rominator updates
Find 'Rominator' on FileTrip.net
You can put the executable anywhere on your PC, and run it once. Then, you install the updates from the above thread (Check the latest posts). Load the executable once again and follow the set-up wizard.
Check the name of your ROM in the list of games, and see if it is recognized as a game. If not, it's either not in the database update, or it's a patched/hacked ROM (not clean).

You can also just re-download the ROM if you don't want to go through all these steps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans