Hacking Acekard 2i fw 1.4.1 update stuck at 0%

Mister W

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I,ve tried updating my Acekard 2i with last fw update (ak2ifw_update_141_DSI).
When i press start, the progress stay at 0% forever.
When i bought it, it was with Danny Phantom and DSI with 1.4.
I'm running Akaio 1.8.1 and have hw:81 if it matters.

I cant find the reason why it doesn't work.

thanx for your help.

Cyphox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Mister W

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, i'll try that,
I doubled check, and my card is from shoptemp with the mention clone at the end.
So is that make my card a fake?
Fake or not, Akaio is working will all the games, only the progress is stuck.
Is using a friend's DS and flash my card on it is better? Will i be doing it the same way as on my DSi?

Mister W

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, there is a bunch of video on youtube showing that you can update your cart and after update your DSi from 1.4 to 1.4.1.
But they dont say if they got 1.4 with a patch or fixed fw, i bought mine with 1.4 already, maybe that's why i cant update it.

Cyphox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you dont have to have a 1.3 dsi in all cases, normally you can update your acekard with a 1.4 dsi to 1.4.1 compatibility (alex rider). but only if your card is already flashed to work on a 1.4 dsi (danny phantom). and after updating the card to 1.4.1 (alex rider) you can update your dsi to 1.4.1

i did so and it worked

but yeah, try to update you card on a different ds.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Make sure you use the "DSI" labelled file even if you use it on a ds lite, it makes things easier.

The "DSL" file allows you to update multiple cards in a row but it needs you to swap cards once you launch the update file.

Mister W

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanx for your help, but nothing worked.
Did a reformat, new update files, tried with a friend DSL, still progress stuck at 0%.
I dont know what to do
hate2.gif

But at least my kids still can play with it on 1.4.

joerolcor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe not the best place to post this one... but here we go. Need some help. My sons DSI's acekard2i is up to date with the "Danny Phantom" icon. I wanted to update the acekard2i software to the new AKAIO 1.8.1... BUT he has several games and save points which he does not want to loose. How do I updted to the AKAIO 1.8.1 and not loose his games and save points?
And how do I update to the AKAIO 1.8.1?? All the instructions I find are as if it is a new card that needs to be formatted and installed... how do you update when you are at a current version such as we are in?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
joerolcor said:
Maybe not the best place to post this one... but here we go. Need some help. My sons DSI's acekard2i is up to date with the "Danny Phantom" icon. I wanted to update the acekard2i software to the new AKAIO 1.8.1... BUT he has several games and save points which he does not want to loose. How do I updted to the AKAIO 1.8.1 and not loose his games and save points?
And how do I update to the AKAIO 1.8.1?? All the instructions I find are as if it is a new card that needs to be formatted and installed... how do you update when you are at a current version such as we are in?
Yes of course. None of want to lose that info when its time for an update. Its usually best to designate a folder on your computer perhaps called "Acekard Backup" and simple copy the contents over ever once and a while to always ensure that the backup is semi-recent. As for updating, download AKAIO 1.8.1. Delete the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds from your MicroSD. Copy on the new __aio folder & akmenu4.nds from the 1.8.1 download. Your games (as well as your save information) should be a in a separate folder so they should not be affected by those instructions.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same 0% update problem on two chips from Shoptemp.

I tried using the 1.4 and 1.4.1 update files on a DSL, no luck.

Chip ID: 0fc2 HW: 8181

joerolcor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
joerolcor said:
Yes of course. None of want to lose that info when its time for an update. Its usually best to designate a folder on your computer perhaps called "Acekard Backup" and simple copy the contents over ever once and a while to always ensure that the backup is semi-recent. As for updating, download AKAIO 1.8.1. Delete the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds from your MicroSD. Copy on the new __aio folder & akmenu4.nds from the 1.8.1 download. Your games (as well as your save information) should be a in a separate folder so they should not be affected by those instructions.

So I do not need to re-format the micro SD card and re-install? I have never put on any of the older _AIO software. The last time the software was put on the scekard was in December 2009, just after the 1.4 update. Do I need to do anything else asside from your instructions based on this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."