Hacking Acekard 2i frontend/loader whitescreen (before menu of games)

Martoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Acekard 2i about a week ago from realhotstuff.com, and it has worked fine. I'm using it in a DS Lite. But last night, when I powered on my DS, the box on the screen where it normally shows your DS Card (above the PICTOCHAT and DS Download Play boxes) is blank. Not "There is no DS Card inserted"; just blank. When I select that box to launch the card, it fades to a white screen, and stays there.

I tried a different micro SD card in the Acekard. I reformatted the SD card (with the Panasonic SDFormatter), and put the firmware files on it, fresh from the zip file. I tried the 4.17 firmware from acekard.com, which is what I had on there previously when it was working, and I tried the AKAIO 1.4.1 repack. With everything I try, I still get the same result - blank box where it should show the DS Card that's inserted, and white screen when I select it. In fact, if I leave the micro SD card out of the Acekard entirely, and put the Acekard in the DS, I get that same blank box (and the white screen if I select it), and if I remember correctly, you normally get a "There is no DS Card inserted" if you use an Acekard with no micro SD in it.

Can I assume my Acekard has died? Is there anything else I should try? Is realhotstuff.com usually pretty good about replacing things?

Martoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clonesniper666 said:
Take the card out and blow into the ds card slot, I did this yesterday when mine said that in my dsi, so it might work form you aswell.
No luck.
frown.gif
But thanks for the suggestion.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if it isn't detected by the nds firmware, it is a contact issue. sadly this is a very common problem with the ak2is. take it in/out/in/out of the ds until it works. all acekard products have a 1yr warranty. contact RHS and get a replacement.

-another world

Martoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the inserting/removing cartridge several times as suggested. Still nothing. I've got a support ticket thingy with RHS, and they said to send it back and they'll replace it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn