Hacking acekard 2i freezing during games.

tuzzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything else on this problem,but apologies if it is on the forum elsewhere.
I have recently bought dsi xl,and aceKard 2i,downloaded Akaio,flashed the card in an old ds lite and all the games run etc.
The problem I am having is that when my 6 year old is playing on it the games continually freeze,and the only reason I
can find is that the card seems to lose connection in the back of the dsi xl.I purchased the card from R4i.co.uk and dont
think it is a cloned card.

any ideas.

tuzzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks

Is that the fold it 3 times and tape it to the front of the card trick?

I have tried this,to the extent that the card only just fits,but it still seems to lose connection

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your cart has quite a bump in the middle place the cart sticker side down on a flat surface and you should notice the cart isn't level, it will rock from side to side. If you place a small strip of tape on all 4 edges you should be able to level the cart out which should stop it wobbling in the cart. The wobbling could could be causing it to lose contact when the DS is move of the screen is tapped with the stylus.

Sometimes the paper trick doesn't work because because the PCB contacts in the Acekard aren't high enough or are curved from the chip being to large for the cart. It could also be the other way round in that the contacts on the DS are low, or it could be a combination of both. You can use the paper trick all you want, but it only really works if the cart is loose in the slot. It wont push the DS contacts into touch with the carts because the plastic casing to the sides of the contacts on the AK stop it from going further back in the DS slot.

One of mine for example definately has lower contacts than the other:

IMG_3152.jpg

It's easily fixed by sliding something non-conductive underneath the PCB

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

Because it's booting into the AK ok, it could also be a poor contact between the MicroSD card and the card slot. Try another MicroSD card or place a piece of paper behind the MicroSD card. ALso make sure the MicroSD card has been formatted with the Panasonic SD Formatter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.