Hacking Acekard 2i freezing after cheats.

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the latest akaio version and the latest cheat database. I decided to use some cheats for super mario 64 and space invaders extreme. Now, when I click on the games my acekard freezes. I tried disabling the cheats and the patches but it doesnt even go to the loading screen.

It only freezes with those 2 games. Why?

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tedmg09130913 said:
Have you tried deleting the savegame files for those games.

Yes, I even redownloaded the roms and redownloaded the cheat files.
Still, these 2 games don't work.

Though other games work perfectly with cheats.

Mr. Awesome/Wack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexkapi12 said:
I have the latest akaio version and the latest cheat database. I decided to use some cheats for super mario 64 and space invaders extreme. Now, when I click on the games my acekard freezes. I tried disabling the cheats and the patches but it doesnt even go to the loading screen.

this is off what you said but ak2i has action replay built in?
yaynds.gif

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mr. Awesome/WackyNinja said:
alexkapi12 said:

this is off what you said but ak2i has action replay built in?
yaynds.gif

CODE
Support Action Reply cheats. Build-in editor

Acekard 2 support Action Replay cheats in .dat, .xml and .cc format. You can select how to use AR cheats by using the build-in editor.

ÂÂ 1. Copy AR cheats in .dat or .xml format to /__ak2/cheats. Copy .cc format file to the same directory of file.
ÂÂ 2. Press "Y" to popup the editor.
ÂÂ 3. Select "Cheat DB file".
ÂÂ 4. Select the cheat file.
ÂÂ 5. Select "Rebuild".
ÂÂ 6. If you have the cheat code of the software then a list window will be shown. You can use "X" and "Y" to enable or disnable them.
ÂÂ 7. Press "A" to save your changes and enter software for fun.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
those are instructions for something in the bliss-merged-official firmware, but you said you are using akaio. akaio has a rewritten cheat engine that has many modifications over the official. with that said not all cheats will work, its not like there is someone who tests the cheats 1 by 1.

you may have just found a bug.

-another world

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
those are instructions for something in the bliss-merged-official firmware, but you said you are using akaio. akaio has a rewritten cheat engine that has many modifications over the official. with that said not all cheats will work, its not like there is someone who tests the cheats 1 by 1.

you may have just found a bug.

-another world

That could be possible, but even after disabling the cheats and redownloading the roms, these 2 games still dont work.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
did you try the roms using different dma patching methods and non-dma? akaio 1.4.1 uses an updated dma by default but you can hold X to use the old dma mode or A to use non-dma mode. do you have all the patches off? by this i mean softreset, cheats, rumble, etc. each one eats up a bit of ram, if you use it or not. so disable the ones you aren't using and try testing again.

for more info check the akaio wiki.

-another world

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
did you try the roms using different dma patching methods and non-dma? akaio 1.4.1 uses an updated dma by default but you can hold X to use the old dma mode or A to use non-dma mode. do you have all the patches off? by this i mean softreset, cheats, rumble, etc. each one eats up a bit of ram, if you use it or not. so disable the ones you aren't using and try testing again.

for more info check the akaio wiki.

-another world

Like I said, I cannot get to the loading screen of those 2 games, the moment I press A on these games my acekard2i freezes. I have tried to disable all the patches too.
I also just found out Sonic Rush also has the same problem.

EDIT: I remember some time ago I tried to run super mario 64 and it said something about a loader error, it ran but the next time I tried to run the game the acekard kept freezing.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
decided to run my own tests on an ak2.1 black pcb. this is virtually the same as the ak2i but without the modified bootstrap that allows it to run on the japanese dsi. each rom is a clean dump and i can verify my source. roms were tested on a transcend 8gb class6 msd card formatted with the panasonic formatter. the firmware revision is akaio 1.4.1 proper with the updated wifi plug-in. all default patches were enabled. i am not using any cheats, which brings us back to the fact that this is probably a problem with certain cheats, which were added to the database, but never fully tested. below are the results.

#release# - NAME (REGION) (DUMP GROUP) [CRC VALUE]

0022 - Super Mario 64 DS (E)(Wet 'N' Wild) [29715DEC]
using default dma-quicksave (green text) loading, game loads fine. plays fine. soft-reset works fine.
0025 - Super Mario 64 DS (J)(Trashman) [AAC9842D]
using default dma-quicksave (green text) loading, game loads fine. plays fine. soft-reset works fine.
0037 - Super Mario 64 DS (U)(Trashman) [E6321562]
0056 - Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (U)(Trashman) [23A00DDF]
1217 - Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (J)(Independent) [868F8A89]
1296 - Super Mario 64 DS (K)(Sir VG) [29F0A03E]
not tested.

2042 - Space Invaders Extreme (J)(6rz) [E03441AB]
2370 - Space Invaders Extreme (U)(Independent) [CD45C61F]
2432 - Space Invaders Extreme (E)(EXiMiUS) [8FFA7C4B]

as you can see from my testing all of the roms work as expected. at this point you really need to try the roms on a freshly formatted msd in a ndsl or ndsphat. you could be experiencing dsi issues. the ak2i has the potential to stop working with dsi functionality if you abuse certain things. which is why we recommend certain firmware revisions in the wiki over others, as they have protections inplace to prevent this.

-another world

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
decided to run my own tests on an ak2.1 black pcb. this is virtually the same as the ak2i but without the modified bootstrap that allows it to run on the japanese dsi. each rom is a clean dump and i can verify my source. roms were tested on a transcend 8gb class6 msd card formatted with the panasonic formatter. the firmware revision is akaio 1.4.1 proper with the updated wifi plug-in. all default patches were enabled. i am not using any cheats, which brings us back to the fact that this is probably a problem with certain cheats, which were added to the database, but never fully tested. below are the results.

#release# - NAME (REGION) (DUMP GROUP) [CRC VALUE]

0022 - Super Mario 64 DS (E)(Wet 'N' Wild) [29715DEC]
0025 - Super Mario 64 DS (J)(Trashman) [AAC9842D]
0037 - Super Mario 64 DS (U)(Trashman) [E6321562]
0056 - Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (U)(Trashman) [23A00DDF]
1217 - Super Mario 64 DS (v01) (J)(Independent) [868F8A89]
1296 - Super Mario 64 DS (K)(Sir VG) [29F0A03E]
not tested.

2042 - Space Invaders Extreme (J)(6rz) [E03441AB]
2370 - Space Invaders Extreme (U)(Independent) [CD45C61F]
2432 - Space Invaders Extreme (E)(EXiMiUS) [8FFA7C4B]

as you can see from my testing all of the roms work as expected. at this point you really need to try the roms on a freshly formatted msd in a ndsl or ndsphat. you could be experiencing dsi issues. the ak2i has the potential to stop working with dsi functionality if you abuse certain things. which is why we recommend certain firmware revisions in the wiki over others, as they have protections inplace to prevent this.

-another world

Actually, I don't own a dsi, I only have a ds lite.

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
then the problem is on your end and not with akaio.

good luck.

-another world

These games used to work before, but after I tried a few cheats they stopped working. I tried disabling the cheats many time, though it is still not working.
If the problem is not with AKAIO, then what do you think the problem is?

Is there a way to set the default DMA mode without pressing a button? (That way, so the DMA mode is set before the game starts loading)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you are using a version of akaio before 1.4.1 proper the problem is probably a corrupt optionslist.bin file. default means just that, it is on by default. you can use the old dma mode by holding X or no dma mode by holding A. i would strongly suggest you reformat your msd, put a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1 proper on there and test again WITH OUT cheats. you should also run a crc check on your roms to make sure they match the 'good dumps' i tested with. if the games are the same and they load/run/work with out using cheats then start debugging which cheat causes a problem.

narin simply adds cheats (well curly now) to the db. they don't go through weeks of testing. a cheat can easily cause a problem that corrupts the rom, the msd, other files, etc.

-another world

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
if you are using a version of akaio before 1.4.1 proper the problem is probably a corrupt optionslist.bin file. default means just that, it is on by default. you can use the old dma mode by holding X or no dma mode by holding A. i would strongly suggest you reformat your msd, put a fresh copy of akaio 1.4.1 proper on there and test again WITH OUT cheats. you should also run a crc check on your roms to make sure they match the 'good dumps' i tested with. if the games are the same and they load/run/work with out using cheats then start debugging which cheat causes a problem.

narin simply adds cheats (well curly now) to the db. they don't go through weeks of testing. a cheat can easily cause a problem that corrupts the rom, the msd, other files, etc.

-another world

Even though this is the only AKAIO version I used I will try deleting the optionslist.bin file.

EDIT: It worked! Thank you very much.

alexkapi12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
are you saying you are using 1.4.1 proper? because the optionslist.bin problem was fixed, but it was recommended that you delete your old one before updating.

-another world

I just checked and I was not using the 1.4.1 proper, I was using 1.4.
This makes me feel stupid..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi