acekard 2i freezing a whole lot

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by rtr720, Feb 9, 2010.

Feb 9, 2010

acekard 2i freezing a whole lot by rtr720 at 4:05 AM (1,269 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. rtr720
    OP

Newcomer rtr720 Newbie

United States
    i got it about a week ago and love it the only prob i have is it freezes ALOT (which is kind of a big one). i used the panasonic formater and have tried both akaio and the official firmware. i cant go 30 min without freezing. and its in game freezing 2 . sometimes ill be right in the middle . other times it will be me coming out of a building or bringing up a new screen and it freezes there. its all games i use which makes me think i have a defective card. the place i bought it from has a 90 day warranty so iv already emailed them 2 c if theyl replace it

if anyone knows what could be the issue let me know

thank yas

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Does your card have a square bump in the middle like the card on the left of this photo? You should be able to feel it when you run your finger over it.
    [​IMG]

I suggest you read the near identical thread started before yours http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206579.

3. rtr720
    OP

Newcomer rtr720 Newbie

United States
    no its a real card. it doesnt have that bump. i also saw that thread. he hasnt found much out either

4. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Any particular games in which is worst in? If the freezing happens at the same time you tap the screen, then the cart could be loose in the slot. As well checking the contacts on the card, try cleaning the inside of the DS card slot.

Like the other poster, was yours fine when you first recieved it?

Otherwise it's time to test this 90 day warrenty.

5. rtr720
    OP

Newcomer rtr720 Newbie

United States
    iv tried those aswell. thanks 4 trying guys. i agree time 2 test the warranty

Posts merged

iv tried those aswell. thanks 4 trying guys. i agree time 2 test the warranty

6. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States
    try the paper trick (put a piece of paper or a thin piece of cardboard in with the AK2i on the sticker side)

is that doesn't work IDK GL

7. XWolf

Member XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Another thing to try - put a sliver of paper in with the microSD - that fixed mine, pushes the microSD contacts to the inside of the Acekard.

Also - tk_saturn : Please remember to shrink images! Wow and ouch!

8. rtr720
    OP

Newcomer rtr720 Newbie

United States
    im 2 scared 2 do any kind of the paper trick cause i dont want the paper 2 get stuck in there

9. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    I have 6 of these (4 are for my sister+kids) If I hold them flat on 2 of them I can see the boards/ contacts aren't as raised off the bottom of the shell as the others. While they all worked, because they were for my sister I decided to fix it before it came an issue. What I did slid my nail under the PCB and then slid a very thin piece of plastic under the contacts, a piece of plastic of the Acekard packaging will do. They are now the same height as the others.

I decided that would be the best method for me as paper could get stuck in the DS card slot, and tape on the back of the cart could create additional resistance when inserting the card.

10. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    There's also another problem i've noticed. The cases are a little to small for the chip inside, if you run your thumb over the Acekard sticker you should be able to feel a dimple in the middle which is the blob chip underneath. This bump causes the sticker stide of the cart to have a slight curve on it and on 1 or 2 of mine it has a knock on effect of a slight curve on the PCB/ contacts. You could also try and level the contacts out by sliding paper/ plastic underneath if the contacts aren't level.

11. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States

if you scared of paper try a thin piece of cardboard and leave enough of a piece that you can pull it out easy,i did this for awile because at first my AK2i had contact issues in my DSi and after 3-5 days of keeping the card board in there it now works fine without anything in it just the AK2i

12. rtr720
    OP

Newcomer rtr720 Newbie

United States
    WOW i ddint think it would work but it did. thank u. im surprised it took something so simple

13. Haloman800

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    About the bump in the middle of the card; does it mean anything if yours doesn't have it? I ordered 2 from 0shippingzone and 1 had it and the other didn't.

14. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Should be ok, I have one that's flat. Instead the chip has pushed the back off lol.

Try the updated 1.4FW update, if it works on it then that would be good enough for me.