MutantK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just ordered a acekard 2i,
I decided to download the firmware but i stumbled on something.

I have a dsi with firmware 1.4 and do I need to patch something?. cauz some webs say that if i don't the card will 'brick' (im guessing it means it wil stop working) ?
i've also heard that the original firmware sucks.
I don't get it, the acekard is new to me so could someone please give me some links for a good firmware and tell me if i need to do
something if I don't want break the card.

So you have the AKAIO and the original firmware,..
does it also need patching if I use AKAIO?

(btw I want wario DIY on it, so will the firmware be enough?)

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quoted from the thread linked above.

QUOTE said:
Step 11. Updating the Acekard 2i's firmware.
This step is optional and only needs to performed if you want to use your Acekard 2i with a DSi which has firmware version 1.4. Even if you intend to use your AK2i with a DS Lite, it is still a good idea to perform the firmware update incase your DS Lite breaks and you later replace it with a DSi or DSi XL.

After updating, your Acekard will appear in the DSi menu as
dannyphantom.gif
. When used with on the DS Phat/ DS Lite, it will still appear as
ak2icon.gif
in the DS menu. If you already see the
dannyphantom.gif
Danny Phantom icon in your DSi's menu, there is no need to perform the update.

Download the firmware update from Here
mediafire.gif
and extract the contents to the root directory of your MicroSD card. You should have two files
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds

ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds is used to update a single cart, and can be used on the DS Lite, DS Phat and DSi FW =< 1.3. In most cases this is the file you should use because there's less chance of anything going wrong.

ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds is used to update multiple carts and also unbrick an Acekard previously bricked by either update. It's primarly used by retailers or people who are going sell on their Acekard's. It allows you to update multiple Acekards in quick sucession without having to swap memory cards or reboot the NDS between flashings. This file only runs on the DS Lite or DS Phat because the DSi will not allow you to eject a cartridge beyond the DSi menu.

icon13.gif
Make sure your DS is fully charged or running from mains before attempting to update the firmware. Interrupting the process flashing may cause your AK2i to become bricked.

Once the progress indicator goes past 0%, do NOT interrupt the flashing process.[/p]

Updating a Single cart:

Boot your Acekard and run
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds
  • Use
    ndsfile.gif
    ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds even if you are performing the update using a DS Lite or DS Phat. The DSL/ DSP will run both updates, while the DSi will only run the DSi update.
It will take you straight to the firmware update screen

IMG_3122.JPG

Press (start), after the update is complete it will give you the following message:

IMG_3121.JPG

The update is complete, you can now power off the console.

To update multiple carts or to unbrick a previously bricked cart.

Boot your Acekard and run
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds. This can also be run on any working cart, doesn't have to be an Acekard because it's not going to update the cart you launch it on. You are just using it to get the update into the DS's memory so you can eject the cart.

After you've run it, you will get the following prompt:

IMG_3124.JPG

Eject your cart and insert the cart you wish to update or unbrick. Press (B) and you get:

IMG_3125.JPG

Press (start). Once the update is complete you will get the following message:

IMG_3126.JPG

Important: If this was the only cart you wanted to update, power off now!
icon13.gif
Do NOT press (start).

If you have another cart to flash, eject the cart and insert another. Press (start) and it will start flashing immediately, it will give no warnings, prompts or ask for confirmation. Repeat the process for as many carts as you have.

MutantK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah.. just the part thats need to be done by another ds i dont get.
either im just a big noob ( my english isn't that well so ill blame it on that)
it doenst say when to use wich ds (1.4 or lower)
and will the ds that has a lower version be updated to 1.4 by following this guide?

this card is giving me a headache already and i didnt even receive it yet
wtf.gif

i just hope i can find a ds with a lower firmware,

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Use a ds lite, ds phat, or dsi with firmware 1.3 or lower. Run the update on the card with that, then it will work on dsi 1.4 i've done it, so it should work for you!

Samik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MutantK said:
yeah.. just the part thats need to be done by another ds i dont get.
either im just a big noob ( my english isn't that well so ill blame it on that)
it doenst say when to use wich ds (1.4 or lower)
and will the ds that has a lower version be updated to 1.4 by following this guide?

this card is giving me a headache already and i didnt even receive it yet
wtf.gif

i just hope i can find a ds with a lower firmware,

hey relax first, where did you ordered the card? because it is possible that it will be preupdated....if not you need to get ds lite or phat to run the 1.4 fw patch

MutantK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
let's see if i get it (please be patient with me:P)

1. fist i put the right firmware on the sd
2. then i put update on the sd
3. i put the card in a lower version ds
4. run the update
5. put the card in my dsi
6. done?

(Do i first put the update on the card and run it or the firmware or both i dont know if it makes a diffrenss, cuz i dont know what im updating the card or the firmware?)

I ordered the card from www.sidderwebshop.nl,
it's dutch and you probably don't know it.
and im pritty sure it isn't pre-updated

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MutantK said:
let's see if i get it (please be patient with me:P)

1. fist i put the right firmware on the sd
2. then i put update on the sd
3. i put the card in a lower version ds
4. run the update
5. put the card in my dsi
6. done?

(Do i first put the update on the card and run it or the firmware or both i dont know if it makes a diffrenss, cuz i dont know what im updating the card or the firmware?)

I ordered the card from www.sidderwebshop.nl,
it's dutch and you probably don't know it.
and im pritty sure it isn't pre-updated
Yes, those steps are correct. You can always plug it into your DSi and check. You're updating the firmware of the hardware itself, not the firmware of the operating system (AKAIO or OFW)

MutantK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks you guys have been very helpful,
I only have one questions left
After I did al that stuff, what if I decide to format my sd will i have to run the update all over again?
(or if i decide to run the original firmware or if something else happens that makes me wanna formatt it)

Samik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nope the update is for firmware of the acekard itself not the sd card, it will stay there forewer unless you brick it but it can be repatched and the card will work again...i think you wont decide to use original fw because it is not that often updated like akaio

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MutantK said:
thanks you guys have been very helpful,
I only have one questions left
After I did al that stuff, what if I decide to format my sd will i have to run the update all over again?
(or if i decide to run the original firmware or if something else happens that makes me wanna formatt it)
Like Samik said, the update is forever inside that AK2i once done. The 1.4 update has nothing to do with the firmware on the SD. For the SD you should have AKAIO 1.6RC2. If you decide to format your SD, get a new one, or something of that sort, the 1.4 patch will be on the Acekard. Think of it as embedded into the hardware. You'll just have to reinstall AKAIO 1.6RC2 which is pretty easy, just copy the files back on the SD if you format it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt