Hacking Acekard 2i + DSi XL = freeze on every game...

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I got no freezes either. got latest akaio, and ackerd 2i and European Dsi XL, everything is fine
tongue.gif

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:
Wow I can see why so many people prefer the Acekard over other flashcards, it sounds like real quality. Guess I'll just have to try and get by with my crappy R4i 1.4, which does do everything I want perfectly, fits into my DSi XL perfectly, doesn't require paper modification or firmware tinkering, but is at the end of the day, just a crappy clone.
tongue.gif

"Ancient wisdom: "If you have nothing useful to say; say nothing." - You should follow you own advice in your signature.....

joe_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've been having the same problems as many posters here....

Got my Ak2i 3 weeks ago....worked fine at first then it started locking up on everything....

I got a Kingston TWN 8gb card from Meritline....I think that's the cause...It's quite a bit slower than my JPN Kingston card 1gb....

Yesterday I swapped out the 8gb for my JPN 1gb...haven't had any problems so far....

So peeps....change your micro sd cards and see if that helps...

I'll update as I test it further....

ShaneGrape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My little sister is having the same problem on her DSi XL, the Acekard 2i works fine on her DS Lite, but freezes on every game on the DSi XL, also she pointed out that Style Savvy goes to a white screen every time it boots as well, she's resorted to using the DS Lite while the XL sits there like a $200 doorstop.

I'll try the paper trick to see what happens.

Acekard 2i (legit from dealextreme)
Transcend 8gb Class 6 Micro SD (properly formatted)
1.4 firmware
AKAIO 1.6 RC2

The_JetSetBeat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:
Wow I can see why so many people prefer the Acekard over other flashcards, it sounds like real quality. Guess I'll just have to try and get by with my crappy R4i 1.4, which does do everything I want perfectly, fits into my DSi XL perfectly, doesn't require paper modification or firmware tinkering, but is at the end of the day, just a crappy clone.
tongue.gif

Oh, don't be mistaken...even though a few people are having a problem with their Acekard and DSi XL, your R4 still certainly does suck.
tongue.gif

JabbaFlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me the simple fix was to format my kingston 4gb msdhc card with sd formatter per tk_saturn's excellent guide
worked perfectly after that, great cart
smile.gif

Bingo83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no probs with the DSi XL and Ackard2i, have tried two of them both work fine. Infact all the cards I have that are compatible work with no probs Supercard DSTWO, iEdge, M3i Zero and the Acekards.

You might just have a duff cart and should get it replaced.

ShaneGrape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! 1.7 strangely works with Style Savvy on the DSi XL.

I was a bit confused about the DSi XL insertion trick mentioned in the guide, but here is how I did it: insert the card normally, then highlight the Danny Phantom icon on the DSi menu screen, then slowly slide the card out until the Danny Phantom icon disappears, then gently slide it back *just enough* to make the Danny Phantom icon re-appear. This worked!

Thank you!

Miser

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ShaneGrape said:
I was a bit confused about the DSi XL insertion trick mentioned in the guide, but here is how I did it: insert the card normally, then highlight the Danny Phantom icon on the DSi menu screen, then slowly slide the card out until the Danny Phantom icon disappears, then gently slide it back *just enough* to make the Danny Phantom icon re-appear. This worked!
You have to do this every time you insert the AK to the XL? Damn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1