Hacking Acekard 2i cant access games menu unless i delete last game?

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
when I switch on the DS lite, it skips the acekard 2i main menu and auto loads the last game played. It plays fine, i just cant play anything else! I cant access the menu on the acekard 2i unless i delete the game.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can fix this? Is it a known bug or do i have some sort of auto load feature? thanks

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you accidentaly turned on autoboot. Just when you load the Ak2i hold all the buttons (its supposed to be one, but i forgot which) and youll get the menu. then just look in the configurations/options and turn off "autoboot"

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that happened to me once. If you can't find the setting for AutoBoot, delete and reinstall the system would be the easiest way.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
HOLD B WHEN BOOTING!!!

No need to delete - sorry for the shout, just wanted to save you time.

The magic button is B. Load the Acekard up and then hold B to stop the autoboot. Then go into options and disable autoboot.

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
i thought akaio 1.5.1 was buggy or the card was generally not very stable
ohmy.gif
! i couldnt see an autoboot on/off when looking at the options menu, prob because of using custom skins - but holding down B is easy to remember.. u ppl are the best lol it now works fine
wink.gif
thanks

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
START - SETTINGS - DEFAULT PATCH SETTINGS - AUTORUN - DISABLE

Thats the path...
Using akaio 1.5.1 and it is not buggy
biggrin.gif
Maybe you have to use default skin
biggrin.gif

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
thanks! in the settings menu (using the default skin for 1.5.1), i couldnt see the
"default patch settings". these are all the options i could see, in part 1 of the "title" menu :-

download play (enable/disable)
reset in game (enable/disable)
text (enble/disable)
text (enable/disable)
xml select (usercheat.dat)

i found out how to do it though, it was the third one down! i compared with this image:
http://gbatemp.net/images/reviews/ak2i/ak2i_18.jpg
it only worked after disabling it when i deleted the "auto load" file that was showing up
in the games folder- right next to the game file and its save file.

thanks for all the help from everyone - aside from switching the auto load permanently off,
i wondered if there was a way from the options above to also hide the save files (to prevent any
accidental deletion), i think (!) ive tried them all now but they still show up on the
ds games list screen. thanks for all the help

extentofmysin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.repton3.co.uk
XP
Country
fixed my menu problem - i had to set my language option to CHINESE to read it in english! lol all sorted now - my cart isnt always recognised when i switch on the ds lite though, so i might have an ageing memory card, but thats about it

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad it's all sorted. Don't double post though - you should have used the Edit button.

As far as the card issue - try the paper trick. a Thin piece of card to make your Acekard thicker, or in my case, paper inside the card pushing the microsd contacts better.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...balsettings.ini

Code:
autorunWithLastRom = 0 

AKAIO will run the last ROM played on reboot. 0 is DISABLED and 1 is ENABLED.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit..._System_Options

Code:
Set file list type 

This spinbox controls which file extensions are listed while browsing directories on your Acekard. Options are NDS, NDS + SAV, NDS/SAV/BAK, or ALL

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...balsettings.ini

Code:
hiddenFileNames = __aio,__ak2,__rpg,akmenu4.nds,moonshl2,.ini,.txt 

Add files or folders to this list that you wish to have hidden from view. The list must be comma delimited with no spaces between entries. Add your file extensions without the use of wildcards. Additionally, make sure that all folder and file names are written in lower case letters, even if the actual folder or file name contains an upper case letter.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Accidently ok. :tpi: