Hacking Acekard 2i - Any good?

ACaed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering getting myself a DSi, but I have to ask--is the Acekard 2i the best DSi card out there? Is something better (like a DSi-compatible CycloEvolution) coming out soon? Should I wait? Should I buy?

It's all so confusing!

Help me choose!

-AC

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I can only speak from experience but I'm sure someone will contidict me

I brought an Acekard 2i & had nothing but trouble with it freezing on the DSLite Health screen
It also 'modified' a game save in such a way that a particular cheat editor couldn't read it, AND it couldn't be converted by Shuny web page - Shuny himself couldn't understand the format

So I brought a DSTTi (which is genuine) - & I've had no problems at all with it - It's worked with virtually every Game ROM I've tried & Homebrew without 'patching' (mind you I was using YSMenu & not the DSTTi own firmware), except for DSision2 (A Homebrew File Launcher) which seem not to like SDHC cards

I understand that there is also the EZVi currently out & sometime during May(ish) another couple of Flash cards are also coming out - how good these are compared to what I've had, I've got no idea

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't had mine for very long (two days
frown.gif
) but it worked fine for me last night. I played Trace Memory, saved/loaded a game, and turned the DSi off and on to make sure the save file stayed and everything was working fine.

I turned it back on today and it froze after the title screen of TM and then when I rebooted my DSi and played again, it deleted my save file.

First impressions, not so good.

Kaoz360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm Here to contradict you kermitfrog.

I've Had no problems with my acecard2i except i needed to update my loader so that i could play my roms using AKAIO firmware.

All my roms play fine with no lag or freezing but as you should know everybody has a different expierence with there flashcart including the acekard2i but i would recommend it.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not had any problems with it so far. No freezing or anything. WiFi works fine and everything...Great. I would recommend it...But I don't know about other carts.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely recommend the ak2i to anyone with a dsi. it works great for me and althoguh I don't own one from what ive heard the dstt is not as good of a card the the ak2

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Findecanno said:
I would definitely recommend the ak2i to anyone with a dsi. it works great for me and althoguh I don't own one from what ive heard the dstt is not as good of a card the the ak2
Let me fix that
tongue.gif

I would definitely recommend the AK2i to anyone who has a DSi, it works great for me. Although I don't own one, the DSTTi isn't as good as the AK2i, from what I've heard anyway.

Before it sounded like you didn't have the AK2i, and it was rather confusing to read. Remember, grammar matters.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
akash86 said:
funny, shatteredscreens is in canada, yet PWNS u at english grammar, bcuz ur in the USA, funny yet interesting...not to bee mean or anything

Well, that was mean. And, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Read above quote and laugh at yourself.

Also, he was just trying to be helpful, unlike your comment.

ACaed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I have another question: Will all my old homebrew apps from my DSLite work on the Acekard 2i? I loves me some JEnesis and DScent, not to mention my NES and SNES emulators...

I guess I'm just worried that the DSi's faster clock speed will mess everything up.

ryohki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I picked up my ak2i just before the dsi was released, and have had no issues with it, having upgraded from an r4, which was really starting to annoy me, I have nothing but good things to say about the ak2i

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm Enlish not Canadian
tongue.gif

ACaed said:
I guess I have another question: Will all my old homebrew apps from my DSLite work on the Acekard 2i? I loves me some JEnesis and DScent, not to mention my NES and SNES emulators...

I guess I'm just worried that the DSi's faster clock speed will mess everything up.
DSi's fasted processor and added RAM arent used in normal DS mode, which is what the flashcards can only use at this time.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I did have problems with Pokémon Platinum, just that it lags a little bit...but actually, the Acekard 2i is pretty good, you get what you paid for and I only paid £13.
All other games and homebrew work just fine for me, and the AKAIO firmware is quite nice, if not confusing.
I should just be able to put the firmware straight on my card without having to mess around with file systems, not an issue with the R4 or CycloDS nearly as much.

And that's just my thoughts on it so far. Would I recommend it for a DSi user? Absolutely. Would I recommend it for a DS Lite user? Well, Cyclo DS is in my opinion better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)