Acekard 2i and Pokemon Bank?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Umbra-Luna, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Umbra-Luna
    OP

Umbra-Luna GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    I'm not sure if this is in the right section, or if it's a stupid question, but as Pokemon Bank came out today, would it be possible to transfer hacked/chest Pokemon from a room on an Acekard 2i, from a DSi, and get the pokemon on Pokemon Y? Or would it be simply impossible?

Thanks for your time :)

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    you need a REAL copy of the game, roms will not work

you need to send the pokemon from a rom to a real game

3. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Also, it is stated that if you do transfer hacked Pokemon, you might have to forfeit from Pokemon Bank (as said in the application's terms) if you transfer hacked Pokemon Nintendo might or mightn't ban you from Pokemon Bank, I wouldn't risk (I don't have hacked pokemon either ways)

4. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    You sir... should be banned. People like you disgust me and half of the internet that plays fair and square.

DinohScene and Yepi69 like this.
  5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    You can transfer hacked Pokemans, as long as they have legitimate move sets (Moves they can actually learn) and ID's.

However, you cannot use Pokebank with a ROM. You either need to transfer the save to a regular game cartridge, or trade the Pokemon to one.

That kind of thing sound stupid to say on a forum like this.

GameWinner and EvilMakiPR like this.
  6. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Oh please, you must be new here then.

Huntereb and link6155 like this.
  7. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    We are in GBATEMP. We wanted PokeBank to transfer our PokeSav Pokemon to X&Y! Thats the purpose of PokeBank!

On Topic

No, you'll need the retail carts. But what you can do is of course buy the real game and a Save Backup Device like the R4 Save Dongle to extract the save of the real B&W/B&W2 then edit it on PokeSave or PokeGen and then upload it again to the game and finally use PokeBank.

BUT your Pokemon MUST be Legit. I mean it should have Legit Moves, Legit Abilities, Legit Stats, etc. You CAN'T transfer a Magikarp with Roar of Time for Example. Also PokeSav has the option to make Legit Shiny Pokemon

8. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Having a Magikarp with Roar of Time would be soooo awesome ''fuck with me now, now I'll splash your shit''

9. Umbra-Luna
    OP

Umbra-Luna GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
  10. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Get over it; people are always gonna find ways to cheat and there's no way around it. Sucks, but it is what it is.

porkiewpyne likes this.
  11. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Reminds me of when I got a Magikarp off Wonder Trade nicknamed "God". I wasn't even mad.

Yepi69 likes this.
  12. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Quick answer:

1. Pokebank only reads Retail Gen V carts

2. Can't give a straight answer for hacked Pokemon, so simply don't do it.
      Obvious hacks don't go through, and this ain't a place to ask about getting hacks through.
      You can read that up on your own; there's already a lot of similar posts here.

13. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    If he's using it for his own amusement (e.g. not battling online with hacked Pokémon), so what? I find it funny to do that too - I just have morals. I keep my hacked 'mons completely offline and we're all fine :)

Seriously though, this is a hacking community, stop crapping all over anyone who wants to hack a game, they aren't asking how to cheat at battles. Pokémon Bank is purely single-player anyway.

14. CIH137

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I am planning to play the rom version of X or Y when 2.0 comes out, and I think I wanted to backup my official pokemon black 2 cartridge into a rom, with all the same pokemon from my official cartridge. Is it easy to backup cartridges and data for pokemon ds games? I would then probably transfer them all to my offical pokemon white and get my friend to get them on his ds that has the lastest firmware, then transfer them to my pokemon Y rom. Will I still be able to trade with him if he is right next to me or do we not know yet?

15. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Except you can't cross hacked pokemon through Pokemon Bank or Nintendo will actually ban you, no shit involved.

I ain't mad, this should stop the cheaters.

16. Yepi69

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Backing up your DS save file is easy if you have a DS (with a flashcart) and an EZ Flash IV.

You can backup your game using Savegame manager, if you have a DS with an EZ Flash IV is easier, but if you don't you can only backup it using a FTP server.

*double post sorry

17. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Wait, how is your Acekard 2i even working on your 3DS? You need the latest firmware to get to the eShop and the AK2i hasn't updated in years.

EvilMakiPR likes this.
  18. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Probably has DSi and in wrong section.

19. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    But if I remember correctly it doesn't even work on the DSi anymore, but he's clearly talking about the Pokemon Bank, which is only for the 3DS.

20. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    maybe he has a 3DS 4.1 and with emuNAND. in this case it should be fine.