Acekard 2i, AKAIO, 3in1, GBA games, odd question.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Atashi, Feb 20, 2010.

Feb 20, 2010
  1. Atashi
    OP

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    It's a bit of an oddball question, but here goes. I have a few GBA games & homebrews that I'm playing with, using the Acekard 2i, AKAIO 1.5.1, and an EZFlash 3in1 (not plus, just 3in1).

I've flashed a file to the 3in1 NOR so it's always recognized, that's no problem at all. I don't really run that though, I mostly just run the GBA games in the 3in1 ram. This works fine too.

The thing is, every time I do this it automatically makes a .gba.sav file and then the AKAIO automatically copies the save file back to my GBA Games directory on my MicroSD card. I don't want save files, don't need them, and they just clutter things up for me.

I've got 'Backup GBA save on reboot' set to disabled in AKAIO, and I have it configured to prompt before save file backup and it does ask if I want to backup the PSRAM save file. I always say No, but I always get a save file in my SD card anyways.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can 'fix' it so that it won't save the save files?

What if I removed the PSRAM battery? Would that let me play my GBA games without saves? Or would that just start pitching error messages at me?

I'm up for any solutions, hardware or software.

Thanks!

-Atashi

2. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I noticed this too with 3in1 plus, tried all the settings but on my ds akaio always created a save.
    I'm not sure if this is a bug with the software, I would have thought there was a way to just play gba files without save being created (you can back it up manually when/if you want in akaio 3in1 menu afaik).
    Interested to hear about this too..

3. Atashi
    OP

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    I decided to see how it'd work without the battery, I desoldered and removed it, and it seems to do what I want now. It prompts to ask if I want to backup the GBA save, but when I hit B/no it no longer creates the .sav file - presumably because there's nothing in the PSRAM to be backed up?

Either that, or without the battery, when turning the system off after playing a GBA game, it's got nothing left to backup when AKAIO boots back up again.

At any rate, it seems to do what I want so I'm going to leave it like this.

Cheers!

-Atashi