Hacking Acekard 2i+AKAIO 1.4.1+Pokemon Ranger Save issue

h1web

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, prior to asking this question I read and read many hopeful solutions to the problem and after applying all I've still yet to solve my problem so after feeling like I've tried everything I ask this question in hopes for final solution.

I just bought a DSI, got it on release night and had my acekard 2i / 16GB microSDHC card waiting, I first had to update the acekard 2i's software to the official 4.16 to fix to hang on the loading screen when booting the acekard 2i and immediately went to playing Pokemon Ranger and when I got to the first opportunity to save the game the game always hangs while saving with either save machine or quick save from the menu. I searched and found I may have a bad rom so I downloaded another one from another source and had the same issue, I searched again and read at another place that if I upgrade from official to AKAIO saving would work as a few others seem to claim.

I upgraded to AKAIO and had a few problems and figured I was using the wrong version for Acekard 2i so I got 1.4.1 and installed it and had a loading issue so I read I needed to upgrade the akloader to the newes version so I did that and fixed that but still found saving did not work at the same spot and by this time Ive gone through the intro about 10 times which was pretty annoying, then I read I needed to update my savelist.bin via the wi-fi plugin so I did this after updating the wifi plugin and I did my cheatdb while I was at it but still the game will not let me get passed saving and I can't really find any other tips of fixing the problem, I also tried making sure the acekard and the minisdhc card were both securely and properly inserted and that didn't help either.

If someone can let me know any other tips for this problem as I know others have had this issue as well and seem to have gotten passed it using one of the solutions I've listed but none have worked for me.

I'll list what I've tried so far just for clarification,

1) updating acekard 2i from official fw to custom fw AKAIO 1.4.1
2) updating savelist.bin
3) downloading a new copy of the rom from a few different sources, all have been numbered 0644
5) made sure multiple times that the acekard 2i was securely inserted into the DSi and that the miniSDHC card was securely inserted into the spring loaded acekard 2i
6) tried rebooting the game and the DSI multiple times

Thanks to anyone that can provide any other helpful tips, also I have absolutely ZERO problems with any other games and they all run and save perfectly.

h1web

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unbelievable, easy as that...thank you very much good sir. Changed it to Non-DMA mode and it let me save.

h1web

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well prior to knowing about being able to change to non-DMA mode when I went to save it would begin saving and just never get out of the saving notification box, this was only with this one game though every other game I save on works perfectly. Now that I've read the link logical thinker provided me I found how to put it into non-dma mode and it then let me save without any issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans