Acekard 2i able to be configured to work in both DSL and 3DS?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kadin, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Kadin
    OP

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    Just got a new Acekard 2i and formatted my microSD card and put AKAIO 1.8.8 on it. Seems to be working fine so far on my 3DS. When I put it into my DS though, no workie. The DS doesn't even recognize it upon boot...

I notice that prior on my R4 there were quite a few files in the root directory of the card (with Wood) and this time around there's not much, just the akmenu4.nds file and some .txt files. How do I get it to work with both systems at any given time?

Thanks!

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    works fine across all 3 systems. probably a contact issue with your ds lite. do you have any bent pins in slot-1? try reseating the ak2i a few times.

-another world

3. Kadin
    OP

Member Kadin Ain't no rest for the wicked...

United States
    Thanks. I tried it a number of times but then I tried reseating the SD card itself and then it worked.

4. BloodAdept

Newcomer BloodAdept Advanced Member

United States
    Funny, I have an AK2i and can't load it on any DS lite console that I've tried it with. I've tried 5 different DS lites! Works perfectly on my 3DS but it's irritating the hell out of me.

I know it's not a problem with the consoles themselves because they all work with my AK 2.1
    Yes i'm using the same Micro SD card for these tests.

5. BloodAdept

United States
    Additional information: This is the second AK2i i've purchased, the first didn't work on the 3 DS lites i tested it on.

Seriously any advice would be appreciated, short of buy a third AK2i.

EDIT:

[​IMG] IT FINALLY WORKED! ALL IT TOOK WAS A 7TH DS [​IMG]

I happened to be going through some old boxes of stuff i was giving to the local salvation army when i found my original DS lite. It worked for that and only that DS lite

6. Another World

Colombia
    again, the ak2i works on all 3 systems. your problem is directly related to contact issues or problems with the slot-1 of the systems you tried. there is no other explanation.

read this: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=790

-another world

7. BloodAdept

United States
    Wasn't a contact issue though, 2 of the DS lites I tested on were literally right out of the box. If anything it took a bit of work to get it to slide into the slot, because something always kinda interfered with it being put in when it was halfway down.

Edit: That insert problem happened on all 7 DS lites I tested the card with

Edit 2: Well I don't believe it was contact issue on those 2 DS lites at the very least

Edit 3: Doesn't really matter anymore [​IMG] The DS lite that it works on has no issues, unlike the my newer DS lite which is temperamental with the L and R buttons.

8. Another World

Colombia
    the contact issue would be with the acekard not the ds systems, sorry if i confused you.

is the PCB curved? is it higher up one on side than the other? is it loose and or moving at all?

-another world