Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS 3.0 update out

KalebRutherford

Trophies
XP
I can't update my ak2i I press start nothing happens its still the ak2i that is upgradeable to the highest but the files well not let me update my card my 3ds is not letting me do so why (?) What im I doing wrong Gerrr.
I am having this exact same problem. Have tried a Class 10 and a Class 6 MicroSD card.

knexkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rage. So I just got my AK2i in the mail and I'm trying to update it. I've tried 2 microSD cards, a 512MB kingston and a 16GB transcend, and both say "Update canceled, restart DS" as soon as I run ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSi_and_DSXL_and3DS.nds . I've tried on my friend's DSL and same thing. I've tried formatting both cards as FAT and FAT32, same thing. And now to top it off it seems like the microSD slot in the AC2i decided to break and now it won't "click" in. It just springs the card right back out without ever clicking into place.

knexkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rage. So I just got my AK2i in the mail and I'm trying to update it. I've tried 2 microSD cards, a 512MB kingston and a 16GB transcend, and both say "Update canceled, restart DS" as soon as I run ak2ifw_update_3ds30_DSi143_onDSi_and_DSXL_and3DS.nds . I've tried on my friend's DSL and same thing. I've tried formatting both cards as FAT and FAT32, same thing. And now to top it off it seems like the microSD slot in the AC2i decided to break and now it won't "click" in. It just springs the card right back out without ever clicking into place.
Just want to let everyone know, I got it working. The micro SD card slot decided to fix itself after I pushed on it like 50 times. And then I put on AKAIO 1.8.8 (I was using 1.8.9) and it seemed to update fine. After I updated I put 1.8.9 back on.

Protoman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I downloaded the fix for Acekard, put it on my microSD card and, because I had already updated my 3DS, it didnt start. However, I walked into a game store and pretended to be interested in buying a DS Lite, and while I was "checking it out" I put in the flashcard and updated. Now it works on my 3DS again :D The only thing I wonder now is, my current post-Mario 3D Land version is 2.2.0-E or something like that, and I want to update to 3.0, the "November" update. I -think- acekard said its compatible up to that, but I'm not 100% and I wont update until I am. Can anyone confirm it works?

knexkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, acekard will work with newest 3.0 update. So update away. If you've updated the acekard to work with 2.2, it will also work with 3.0. Source: I did it myself as well as many other ppl here too

tukkande

Trophies
XP
Country
First post!

Just mirroring what was said here already, both my acekards will NOT upgrade with 1.8.9 on it. It will do with 1.8.8. Was the same with last upgrade.

Slainte.

tukkande

Trophies
XP
Country
First post!

Just mirroring what was said here already, both my acekards will NOT upgrade with 1.8.9 on it. It will do with 1.8.8. Was the same with last upgrade.

Slainte.

Thanks for confirming this. I thought it was maybe just me.

Think my Kards are HW81. Upgrade just goes straight to failed please reboot. Bit of a strange one..

leondelnorte

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hey all. I 'eject' the card and then pop it back on and my DS reboots... how am I supposed to continue the update?
Does the card refer to the SD card?

Thanks.

Never mind. Speed was the key;

mrreow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an AK2i, hasn't arrived yet.

My 3DS is on version 3.0.0-5U, will I be able to use the AK2i on this 3DS or will I need to use another DSL/DSi to update it and get it working?

Drakkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI - Just updated to the new 3DS version 3.0.0-6U (came out around 2 hours ago) and the current Acekard 2i update still works just fine.

kawainahe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my acekard 2i and have the chronicles of Narnia which I updated via my dsl for my 3ds game. I can play several games on my 3ds with kard however I still can't play many games, I just have a ds icon where games can't be launched like most of the mario games etc. I can play many other games. Can anyone let me know if they have the same problem, or is there a solution? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr