Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
injected11 said:
Use an emulator on your PC.

If you had no idea that Nintendo could make an update block flash cards, then you just didn't do enough (if any) research beforehand.

Buying several DS lites seems like the stupidest possible response to the DSi 1.4 update if you're claiming you are mad at Nintendo.

Nintendo isn't going to be destroyed by a few pirates, but they have every right to protect their products and profits. You whining that you can't take their products for free and use them on your DSi anymore isn't gonna change that. You aren't an innocent bystander.

The way I see it, I am. Because I see nothing wrong with using an emulator, and getting ROMS....OF GAMES I ALREADY BOUGHT AND OWN.

It's no different than if I'd bought a vinyl record...and then decided I wanted the same thing on a cassette tape....so, instead of going to the music store and buying a cassette for ten bucks...I went to KMart, and for a buck, bought a blank tape and taped the record onto a cassette.

We all did that back in the day....and it didn't bankrupt anyone then.

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for Nintendo.

And by the way, buying the extra DS Lites....was my way of insuring that, no matter what, for the rest of MY life...I'll have access to a system they can't brick up. It was not to reward or punish Nintendo. It was me making sure I had lifetime access to that which I want.
Getting any roms, including roms of games you already own, is illegal. I don't care if you don't see anything wrong with it, the law does. Buying more DS lites was handing Nintendo more money. They instituted the 1.4 block, and you bought 3 more DS lites. Seems like rewarding them to me.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
y wud u get roms of games u already baught and own
doesnt make much sense
just a waste of timie

Because, if you had bothered to read my previous posts, you'd know that I am into portability...and that I want my portable game system to be TRULY PORTABLE.

I do not define "portable" as having to carry around 50-60 or more teeny little cartridges along with me everywhere I go. Besides, then you risk losing them, having them stolen, etc etc etc.

I keep the physical carts AT HOME where they belong. I use the flashcart when I'm traveling. It's called convenience.

Maybe you have heard of it.

I'm an old-school gamer, I have virtually ZERO interest in the new-fangled games out there...and that is what Nintendo and the rest are selling right now.

Stuff that I honestly have no interest in.

what I want is the old-school stuff.

And, quite frankly, if they won't make it and sell it to me...how can they possibly bitch about it if I find a way to obtain it somewhere else? For example EBay, and yes, even ROMS.

You know, when you buy a used cart on EBay, Nintendo makes no money off that. But they don't try to shut down goddam EBay, do they? So what's the difference?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
Kalisiin said:
injected11 said:
Use an emulator on your PC.

If you had no idea that Nintendo could make an update block flash cards, then you just didn't do enough (if any) research beforehand.

Buying several DS lites seems like the stupidest possible response to the DSi 1.4 update if you're claiming you are mad at Nintendo.

Nintendo isn't going to be destroyed by a few pirates, but they have every right to protect their products and profits. You whining that you can't take their products for free and use them on your DSi anymore isn't gonna change that. You aren't an innocent bystander.

The way I see it, I am. Because I see nothing wrong with using an emulator, and getting ROMS....OF GAMES I ALREADY BOUGHT AND OWN.

It's no different than if I'd bought a vinyl record...and then decided I wanted the same thing on a cassette tape....so, instead of going to the music store and buying a cassette for ten bucks...I went to KMart, and for a buck, bought a blank tape and taped the record onto a cassette.

We all did that back in the day....and it didn't bankrupt anyone then.

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for Nintendo.

And by the way, buying the extra DS Lites....was my way of insuring that, no matter what, for the rest of MY life...I'll have access to a system they can't brick up. It was not to reward or punish Nintendo. It was me making sure I had lifetime access to that which I want.

Getting any roms, including roms of games you already own, is illegal. I don't care if you don't see anything wrong with it, the law does. Buying more DS lites was handing Nintendo more money. They instituted the 1.4 block, and you bought 3 more DS lites. Seems like rewarding them to me.
The law does...ONLY BECAUSE NINTENDO PAID OFF THE LAWMAKERS TO MAKE IT SO.

Posts merged

QUOTE(anaxs @ Aug 19 2009, 11:41 AM)
i know
i dont get y ud buy 3 more ds lites
that was a stupid move
What if my one DS Lite were to break...and could no longer be fixed?

This way, I just go to my drawer and pull out a brand-new one.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
I'd never have bought a DSi in the first place if I knew they (Nintendo) were going to be crappy about them.
You must be pretty damn stupid because NO flashcarts worked on the DSi at release, did you really think Nintendo would just give up?

You're being so childish over a small update from Nintendo, that has easily and quickly been fixed. Every other company I can think of brings out Updates blocking mods, hacks, homebrew etc.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Kalisiin said:
I'd never have bought a DSi in the first place if I knew they (Nintendo) were going to be crappy about them.
You must be pretty damn stupid because NO flashcarts worked on the DSi at release, did you really think Nintendo would just give up?

You're being so childish over a small update from Nintendo, that has easily and quickly been fixed. Every other company I can think of brings out Updates blocking mods, hacks, homebrew etc.

Fact is...NO-ONE ever stopped us from doing what we did as kids when we were growing up. We dubbed cassettes. We dropped vinyl records to cassettes.

I don't see this as being any different.

The law is as it is...only because the big guys paid for the laws to be made as they were. I don't respect "bought and paid for laws." I see it as an encroachment upon my freedoms.

Like I pointed out before...when I was a kid...and technology changed...and they came out with cassettes...we didn't all have to drop ten bucks on a new cassette...we just bought blank tapes and recorded our records onto them for a buck a pop.

Nintendo is whining because some of us are finding a way to avoid their huge overprices, just because we want the games we already bought...to work on the latest machine.

I don't see it as any different than the record - cassette thing.

And that never bankrupted anyone. Nintendo is just pissed off that they can't have things 100 percent of their way 100 percent of the time. For that matter...so am I.

The way I see it, Nintendo has a far cry more money than I do.

Why should I have to buy a whole new cart - if they would even make it...just so that I can play Asteroids on my DS? I bought Asteroids a long time ago. I just want it to play on my new machine.

It's like back when they came out with devices you could put in your 8-track tape player to allow it to play cassettes. Or, for that matter, later on, it was cassettes into CD...you put a cassette into your player and it somehow made the cassette player able to play CD's from a separate unit.

I am NOT going around making a bunch of copies of things and then selling them to other people. THAT would be wrong.

But doing what I do...for my own personal convenience...I really can't feel too sorry for Nintendo. They won't sell cartridges of the games I want, anyway....if I'm lucky, I can find them in second-hand shops or on EBay.

So I just don't understand why they are being such assholes about it.

xchopstickzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
xchopstickzx said:
antonkan said:
xchopstickzx said:
Hi guys!

Can anyone help me wwith the upgrade step by step because i am a noob with all this firmware updates and all..

I have 2 DSI (US)
1x Version 1.3U
1x Version 1.4U(Updated without knowing the acekard will be blocked)

And i just ordered 2 Acekard 2i.
So from this how do i make both dsi work with the acekard 2i?

Thank you guys in advance!!
biggrin.gif

Here are the steps: [*]Use your Nintendo DSi with firmware 1.3U. Turn it on.[*]Navigate to Acekard 2i, and press the A button.[*]Navigate to the .nds file for Acekard 2i DSi firmware fix (The DSi version, not DS Lite).[*]Now it's updating your flashcart, wait until it reaches 100%.[*]After that, turn off your DSi, and take out your Acekard 2i.[*]Now put your Acekard on your another DSi, with firmware 1.4.[*]Turn on your another DSi.[*]Navigate to Danny Phatom icon, and there you go! Here is your Acekard 2i firmware!
thank you so muchh! and with the other Acekard 2i i will just update it on the 1.3U DSI and then update that DSI to 1.4?

Yes, you will update your Acekard 2i and then update your DSi firmware to 1.4.
sorry to bother you again
tongue.gif
someone told me about the akaio firmware do i install the akaio on the acekard first then after that the 1.4firmware fix or the other way around?

thx!!

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello over there,

I updated it with HWID 44 - no problem here! The logo changed but all is working as before!
biggrin.gif

Thanks to the guys who made it possible, that I can run homebrew futheron! Great work! thx!

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
ShatteredScreens said:
Kalisiin said:

Fact is...NO-ONE ever stopped us from doing what we did as kids when we were growing up. We dubbed cassettes. We dropped vinyl records to cassettes.

The law is as it is...only because the big guys paid for the laws to be made as they were. I don't respect "bought and paid for laws." I see it as an encroachment upon my freedoms.

Like I pointed out before...when I was a kid...and technology changed...and they came out with cassettes...we didn't all have to drop ten bucks on a new cassette...we just bought blank tapes and recorded our records onto them for a buck a pop.

Nintendo is whining because some of us are finding a way to avoid their huge overprices, just because we want the games we already bought...to work on the latest machine.

And that never bankrupted anyone. Nintendo is just pissed off that they can't have things 100 percent of their way 100 percent of the time. For that matter...so am I.

Why should I have to buy a whole new cart - if they would even make it...just so that I can play Asteroids on my DS? I bought Asteroids a long time ago. I just want it to play on my new machine.

It's like back when they came out with devices you could put in your 8-track tape player to allow it to play cassettes. Or, for that matter, later on, it was cassettes into CD...you put a cassette into your player and it somehow made the cassette player able to play CD's from a separate unit.

I am NOT going around making a bunch of copies of things and then selling them to other people. THAT would be wrong.

But doing what I do...for my own personal convenience...I really can't feel too sorry for Nintendo. They won't sell cartridges of the games I want, anyway....if I'm lucky, I can find them in second-hand shops or on EBay.

Flashcarts primary purpose is for the playing of pirated games. You can argue all you want, but this is the fundamental situation. A gun can be used as a paperweight, but it's fundamental purpose is to shoot and kill something. Pretending it's anything else is being disingenuous.

Nintendo is also within their rights to defend their 'gaming system', as well as the ecosystem of developers and publishers that exist within that system. Flashcarts are a piracy measure and they are well within their rights to block such devices. This happens all the time in regular retail. Why can't I put this Schick razor onto my Gillette handle? How come my K-cup coffee doesn't work in this Gelvalia coffee maker? You purchased into a system that is designed to allow for specific ways of interfacing into that system. YOU KNEW THIS WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT. Don't suddenly be surprised when something doesn't work that isn't authorized within the system.

I've said this before, if people want to run homebrew on the DS/DSi they should be arguing for a system like the Apple Apps store, or like XNA on the X360. This way legitimate homebrew would be allowed on the DS/DSi but still allow a way for small developers to make money, or even work for free if they see fit.

You are certainly free then to throw your DS or DSi into the river and thus financially affect Nintendo by not purchasing any games. You would save money, since you seem to think their games are 'overpriced'. If you want something that will stand the test of time, and won't be revoked in a hundred years, read a book.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
doyama said:
Kalisiin said:
ShatteredScreens said:
Kalisiin said:

Flashcarts primary purpose is for the playing of pirated games. You can argue all you want, but this is the fundamental situation. A gun can be used as a paperweight, but it's fundamental purpose is to shoot and kill something. Pretending it's anything else is being disingenuous.

Nintendo is also within their rights to defend their 'gaming system', as well as the ecosystem of developers and publishers that exist within that system. Flashcarts are a piracy measure and they are well within their rights to block such devices. This happens all the time in regular retail. Why can't I put this Schick razor onto my Gillette handle? How come my K-cup coffee doesn't work in this Gelvalia coffee maker? You purchased into a system that is designed to allow for specific ways of interfacing into that system. YOU KNEW THIS WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT. Don't suddenly be surprised when something doesn't work that isn't authorized within the system.

I've said this before, if people want to run homebrew on the DS/DSi they should be arguing for a system like the Apple Apps store, or like XNA on the X360. This way legitimate homebrew would be allowed on the DS/DSi but still allow a way for small developers to make money, or even work for free if they see fit.

You are certainly free then to throw your DS or DSi into the river and thus financially affect Nintendo by not purchasing any games. You would save money, since you seem to think their games are 'overpriced'. If you want something that will stand the test of time, and won't be revoked in a hundred years, read a book.

thats wat ive been trying to say
but its just that mr.Kalisiin doesnt seem to understand

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Kalisiin if you want to argue about this tiny update, Please keep it to yourself! And stop being childish about it! It's Just A BLOODY UPDATE! Without Nintendo Having enough Money, we wouldn't have all these Wonderful Games that are gonna be out and are out!

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
Mr.Kalisiin if you want to argue about this tiny update, Please keep it to yourself! And stop being childish about it! It's Just A BLOODY UPDATE! Without Nintendo Having enough Money, we wouldn't have all these Wonderful Games that are gonna be out and are out!

Well, I don't care about new games, see?

I just want old ones. Ones they no longer make or sell.

what I'm basically saying here...and this is my final word on this, as we are getting way off the topic at hand...

Kalisiin To Nintendork CorporationHey, Nintendo....THIS is what I want.
With the DSiWare store, you could, with zero production costs...offer me exactly what I want.
If you offered me, for sale, exactly what I wanted....I'd happily pay for it.

If you WON'T sell me what I actually want...at any price...
Then don't bitch when I go somewhere else and get it for free.

I am not cutting into your profits, because you refuse to make available to me...the games I really want!!
And the thing is...you COULD make them available....AT ZERO PRODUCTION COST!!
100 percent pure profit for you!!

OK...maybe it isn't a legal defense, but it sure as hell is a moral/ethical defense.

HOW THE HELL CAN NINTENDO RIGHTLY BITCH ABOUT WHAT I AM DOING...IF THEY REFUSE TO MAKE AVAILABLE TO ME...AT ANY PRICE...THE STUFF I ACTUALLY WANT...AND WOULD HAPPILY PAY FOR IF THEY MADE IT AVAILABLE FOR ME TO BUY?

AdamTheZombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... are people SERIOUSLY not updating because of a Danny Phantom icon?! That seems a little ridiculous...
blink.gif
Thats just what game they cracked open to boot in to your AK2i. Not a big deal fellas! I updated and everything works fine... except i see Danny Phantom for 2 seconds before i load up AKAIO.

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's face the facts people. Over half of the flashcard users, use these cards to play illegally downloaded games and not homebrew, (look at all the shithead 12 y old kids on youtube who boastfully think "I'm so smart 'cause I pulled a fast one on Nintendo and downloaded a bunch of games for free!!!" ) which in the end sucks for all of us who use flashcards for legitimate reasons, such as homebrew and legal backups. Alternatively, Nintendo, HAS EVERY RIGHT to update their firmware to block cards in order to protect their material, after all, it is THEIR TECHNOLOGY, in which they and their shareholders have invested money into.

I wish these flashcard updates where not available at all because of it's copy-protected content. Instead, flashcard manufacturers should have:
  • Researched the nature of Nintendo's new security protocols,
  • Publish a paper on how it works against their card,along with the solutions which might be able to circumvent the new restrictions.
  • Release a kernel building tool for their device, to the public.
  • Allow the individual to obtain the game icon and info by their own accord instead of distributing it illegally.
  • Publish instructions on how to build and flash the kernel of the card
all these steps maintain the the dignity of the homebrew/opensource scene by segregating all the lazy "cut & paste" coding, wanna be hackerz and noobz, who's only intrest in flashcards is to steal other peoples hard work!!!

BUY GAMES PEOPLE!!!! LET IDIOTS EARN THE RIGHTS TO USE YOUR CARDS flashcard makers!!!! HELP THE HOMEBREW SCENE AND STOP ALIENATING US Nintendo!!!

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ Ranter
tongue.gif
Its not like no one in the homebrew scene hasn't downloaded something illegal before. Anyways I have bought like 10 games.
tongue.gif
They deem homebrew as illegal as backups you know since its unsigned code. (maybe less w.e)

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, people steal s h i t all the time, that's a redundant argument. My point was, flashcard users are destroying the already fragile grounds for legitimate usage of flashcards id est homebrew/backups. Homebrew's justification is tainted because thieves use the scene as coverage to try to legitimize their actions. Sure a flashcard manufacture can care less if you use their product to play illegally obtained games, they just want to move their merchandise, which, as a capitalist, is fine by me. The responsibility in the end, lays in the hands of the individual user. Exempli gratia: You can attempt to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance to get you from point A to B, pretty much not exactly what the manufactures intended their product to be used for, but arguably within the legal means. You can also take that same car and intentionally drive it into a bunch of school kids while intoxicated because you hate children...most places (that I know of) would frown upon these actions, and are illegal buy all means, but an individual can choose to use the product in an ill manner, the total opposite of it's intention. In contrast, using a product to run unsigned code on a DSi or what ever is totally different from using it to play stolen games. It comes down to the individual's moral standing and sense of honor, and as a soldier of more then 11 years, it disturbs me to see how many of you sit among the dishonorable.

MrBigAl

Trophies
XP
Country
ReddPaint said:
Sure, people steal s h i t all the time, that's a redundant argument. My point was, flashcard users are destroying the already fragile grounds for legitimate usage of flashcards id est homebrew/backups. Homebrew's justification is tainted because thieves use the scene as coverage to try to legitimize their actions. Sure a flashcard manufacture can care less if you use their product to play illegally obtained games, they just want to move their merchandise, which, as a capitalist, is fine by me. The responsibility in the end, lays in the hands of the individual user. Exempli gratia: You can attempt to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance to get you from point A to B, pretty much not exactly what the manufactures intended their product to be used for, but arguably within the legal means. You can also take that same car and intentionally drive it into a bunch of school kids while intoxicated because you hate children...most places (that I know of) would frown upon these actions, and are illegal buy all means, but an individual can choose to use the product in an ill manner, the total opposite of it's intention. In contrast, using a product to run unsigned code on a DSi or what ever is totally different from using it to play stolen games. It comes down to the individual's moral standing and sense of honor, and as a soldier of more then 11 years, it disturbs me to see how many of you sit among the dishonorable.

With all due respect, I think we can agree that not all flashcart users are thiefs, in the same manner that not all soldiers are honorable. In the end to steal or do other immoral or irresponsible things comes down to personal choice. A choice you make every day, in even the simplest of matters. Should I drive irresponsibly and endanger myself or others around me just because I have a hot car? Do I give my seat to the old lady in the bus/train? Do I return the book I borrowed from a friend? Do I stand idle while someone is being bullied?

A person's moral character is reflected in every minute choice he/she makes.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kalisiin said:
HOW THE HELL CAN NINTENDO RIGHTLY BITCH ABOUT WHAT I AM DOING...IF THEY REFUSE TO MAKE AVAILABLE TO ME...AT ANY PRICE...THE STUFF I ACTUALLY WANT...AND WOULD HAPPILY PAY FOR IF THEY MADE IT AVAILABLE FOR ME TO BUY?

If a copyright holder wants to withdraw a product then they are legally entitled to do so & to enforce their copyright by preventing you from obtaining a copy by illegal means. There is no law that says that you can copy something if you can't buy it.

There is also no law that stops them from blocking homebrew, because it wasn't something they said it could do when you bought it.

You aren't even forced to update your DSi, they even give you a nice EULA to read and agree to. If you don't agree then it doesn't change anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)