Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
if you have multiple acekard 2i, use the DSL version on a DS Lite to flash all your Acekard 2i without installing it on each microSD cards on each Acekard 2i. The DSL version will be in the DS LIte's RAM and just insert the rest of tthe acekard 2i you have for easy access on the update.

I hope i understood what Normatt said on his post.

The DSL version is used to unbrick the bricked acekard 2i when you used the DSi version. you must have another acekard 2i for it to be unbricked.

Ah, so if you have only ONE bricked Acekard, like me (and it still works on DSLite, just not DSi Ver 1.4) then, I would fix that one with the DSi file.

Any new Acekards should be flashed using the DSi file as well. This would work, yes?

Me, I don't want to permanently install anything into the RAM on a DSLite. I want to keep that original, so that I have a point to start from again, where things worked, in case Nintendo or something else effs it all up.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
im not sure how to unbrick the acekard on one cart alone. perhaps, if it's availble in the DS Lite, then you can unbrick it. NOrmatt didnt tell how to unbrick it. he said it can be unbricked on the DSL version..

powering off the DS LITE erases the files in the RAM just like downloading demo games from the download stations of nintendo

dsttuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did this happen to anyone? when i updated my acekard then put it into my dsi my acekard 2i icon in the dsi menu turned into "Danny Phantom Urban Jungle" but when i loaded it, it was still acekard.
biggrin.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
dsttuser said:
sorry just logged on
wink.gif

that danny phantom icon had surely caused many discussion
some say this is an unpolish fix
some say i want my ak2 icon back...
some say this is not official, i would not update it!
some talks about legal issue

the discussion goes on
smile.gif

i would say who cares as long it works on 1.4

BlackHoleSlam199

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 problems when i am trying to move the dsl file over to the sd card it says "can not copy ak2... the disk is write protected" how do i fix it and i have a dsi
1. i already updated my dsi before this patch to 1.4
2. i am going ovr to a friends to use his dsl
3. i wnt to know will i use the dsl file or the dsi file i am using the dsl to fix it but i wnt it to wrk on my dsi thanks

BlackHoleSlam199

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heres wat happen i went to my friend's with my dsi n the acekard had the root menu look like this
_aio
akmenu4.nds
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds

problem was when i put the acekard in his dsl i clicked it and it just kept saying loading so i found out i need to use the dsl file which i put on their now but i hve to wait till tomorrow to try again so just to be clear the rite way it should look is this

_aio
akmenu4.nds
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds

k thanks

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an observation:

I ran the fix on my DSi with 1.3 firmware (I won't switch to 1.4 until my Supercard can be updated too).
It shows as Danny Phantom on the DSi, but on my DS Lite it still shows as AceKard 2i.

Anyone else see that? It seems to ONLY show as Danny Phantom on a DSi... not on the DS Lite (and most likely not on the original DS)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
Just an observation:

I ran the fix on my DSi with 1.3 firmware (I won't switch to 1.4 until my Supercard can be updated too).
It shows as Danny Phantom on the DSi, but on my DS Lite it still shows as AceKard 2i.

Anyone else see that? It seems to ONLY show as Danny Phantom on a DSi... not on the DS Lite (and most likely not on the original DS)

Can anyone confirm this? And can you show us a video?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
drfsupercenter said:
Just an observation:

Can anyone confirm this? And can you show us a video?

it is true
there is a danny phantom icon
it doesnt really matter tho..its not like ur gonna stare at it all day
as long as it works

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
im not sure how to unbrick the acekard on one cart alone. perhaps, if it's availble in the DS Lite, then you can unbrick it. NOrmatt didnt tell how to unbrick it. he said it can be unbricked on the DSL version..

powering off the DS LITE erases the files in the RAM just like downloading demo games from the download stations of nintendo

OK. Just thought I might be putting something permanently into my RAM, didn't want to do that.

Incidentally, I'm not sure what "bricked" means when you are talking about an Acekard. I mean, the card WORKS...just not on DSi Ver 1.4. Is that what "bricked" means? Because the same card works just beautiful on the DS Lite.

I'm keeping that card as it is, anyway, as an original.

i'm just going to set up the new Acekards I get...which are en-route to me...as compatible with Ver 1.4

I want at least one Acekard to be totally original, and totally working...so that I have a back-up point, you know?

macbethava

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think its safe for now to update your a2ki firmware because the acekard team will tell you to update firmware based on gbatemp. I got my mail from acekard team

this is screen shot from my replied email by acekard team
Untitled-1copy.jpg

btw sorry for my bad english

smile.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
macbethava said:
I think its safe for now to update your a2ki firmware because the acekard team will tell you to update firmware based on gbatemp. I got my mail from acekard team

Untitled-1copy.jpg

smile.gif

I'm sure it IS safe...which is why all my new Acekards will be started out with the new firmware. But I'm still keeping one of the original.
Getting screwed like I did, by Nintendo has made me be very cautious.

macbethava

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Kalisiin said:
macbethava said:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

smile.gif

I'm sure it IS safe...which is why all my new Acekards will be started out with the new firmware. But I'm still keeping one of the original.

hehe no problem bro
smile.gif
its your decision and im sure everbody must be more cautious because nintendo is ready for a big war
biggrin.gif

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
macbethava said:
Kalisiin said:
macbethava said:

Untitled-1copy.jpg

smile.gif

hehe no problem bro
smile.gif
its your decision and im sure everbody must be more cautious because nintendo is ready for a big war
biggrin.gif

Exactly.
And, hey...I'm a girl, I don't mind being screwed...but, hell, I like to be wined, dined, and kissed first!! Nintendo didn't do that.
nyanya.gif
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs