Acekard 2i 1.4.3 update news

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by pattaland, Jul 14, 2011.

Jul 14, 2011
  1. pattaland
    OP

Newcomer pattaland Newbie

United Kingdom
    English part:

Latest News|

What I want to tell you guys is that the newest update patch for DSi 1.4.3 will be delay to release in the next week after confirmation!

AK team now was trying hard to do more test in a revolutionary innovations update which can be updated automatically in the future ,it means that we're no need to anxious wait for the new

patch release in the official website if success,so please just wait for few days thanks.
    then

From Chinese to English translation:

New support for DSi 1.4.3 upgrade package is confirmed to be postponed until next week to release, AK team is considering to make the upgrade package to support a permanent upgrade, if successful, may later do not need to upgrade every time a new package of such This difficulty is not small, they will do our best to overcome the difficulty, if unsuccessful, will next week announce a new upgrade package for ...

Read More

I found this info on akds-forum, so hopefully shouldn't be long

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I'm 89% sure that when the acekard team releases the update Nintendo will release a 1.4.4 update.

3. mybluered

Member mybluered GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I do not want a permanent upgrade but I need a instart upgrading patch:(

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    And I'm 100 percent sure that they will release 3ds 2.1.1 then.

5. mybluered

United States
    Maybe they should release a video first of all to show us the patch is really ready.

6. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    basically there making there updates like the Supercard DStwo
    flashing not always needed [​IMG]

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Not exactly, from the way the Acekard is built a bootloader must be flashed and I don't believe it can read the boot information from the SD like the Supercard DSTwo can.

If this at all true, it sounds like they're attempting to create a final bootloader patch that would match the header system of a real game so that Ninty can't ban it without banning the game, similar to how the DSTwo handles it's bootloader. However, I don't think the header on the AK2i is large enough to contain this information so perhaps they are thinking of using the SD for boot information, who knows.

8. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Well, that would be a nice idea, but if it was feasible, we should be able to copy the header of one of our own games so that if it is used on a 3DS, it won't look like a game that it uses, rather it would look like any old other game we use. That way, it could get past checks and prevent us from voiding our warranty because they wouldn't have proof we used one.

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this news was posted by jerry from the online shop lightake. according to what my source is telling me, lightake misunderstood.

before you post information as fact please take a second to find out who is posting the information. just because it is posted on the acekard bbs does not make it fact or from team acekard

-another world

10. mybluered

United States
    It becomes more and more confused.
    I just want the 1.43 patch.
    Maybe I have to go to another flashcard.

11. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Maybe, split the faked game on the TF. It's a good idea. Hope the ak2i hardware is good enough for that.

12. senorcit

Newcomer senorcit Newbie

United States
    If you guys check the official acekard site, ther is a 1.4.3 update under the downloads section. Once update the icon changes to a red dorasu

13. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
    this new firmware have something strange,
    it work or not, it's depend of the quality of the microSD

i try it on two DSLite and some DSi...

Sometime, you can see on the screen: The operation is canceled... ?!

I try with a sandisk 4GB class 2 with i had a lot of this error,
    and with my samsung 4GB class 4 and i never had this error!

14. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    Another confirmation, the DSi System 1.4.3 fix for the official firmware update, on the official Acekard site is really there, I opened the file and the updates are dated the 23rd. (Their site's article dates it the 19th.)

It seems like this should have been made a small news announcement just like with Wood/AKAIO major updates! I totally missed it, and I still wouldn't have noticed if it werent for the thread that got locked bout the clone firmware update.. XD

15. Talfuchre

Newcomer Talfuchre Member

United States
    Okay - so - as I understand this (I hate that I have to guess and patch posts together to figure things out).

The recent update here:

http://www.acekard.com/download.php#ak2

Is a flash update. You need a DS Phat or a DS Lite to flash the Acekard 2i (I have) with the new update and it should work for the DS 1.4.3 firmware update?

Is it like the wiki description of how to flash your Acekard?

TF

16. exangel

United States
    Yes. Technically, you can also update the kit with a DSi that hasn't been updated i.e. 1.4.2 and below. I actually did this with the "ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143_onDSi_NO44.nds" file because my DSLite's contacts are a little bit damaged and my DSi XL actually never has an issue showing the cart in my system.

If you are using a DSPhat/Lite, use the file called " ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds " as there isn't actually a readme file in the package that it says to read to indicate what to do.

17. lcleong

Member lcleong GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    have a question, if i update my acekard on my dsLite with ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds , can it be useable again on my dsLite and 3ds together?
    i already have the latest firmware installed and now working fine on my dsLite..
    just wondering if i wanted to use my acekard on 3ds i should update it right?

18. exangel

United States
    Successful ACEKARD FIRMWARE update will never prevent it from working on DSLite.
    Every version of AK2i's internal firmware, has and always will work with DS Lite. The DSLite cannot update to block it.

AKAIO (Acekard All-in-One) 1.8.x which is the system files for your Acekard's microSD has only to do with the interface when you load it, ROM and Homebrew compatibility, and sometimes other features to add cool things that are possible with Acekard's hardware (like Advanced Anti-Piracy Bypass, which wasn't an original AKAIO or AK2i feature).

The ACEKARD FIRMWARE which is updated by the "ak2ifw_update_3ds21__DSi143_onDSL_NO44.nds" file if run on a DSLite, will make it usable again on 3DS. After it is run (It only needs once so long as it is successful!) it will display as a different game (DOSAKU) on the boot menu for DS systems.

I hope this makes clear you won't be harming it and they're distinct different things.

19. skroooagh

Member skroooagh GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Doesn't work with HW4444... typical.

20. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    You could just buy a new card. If you know the older model is going to have problems, just buy a new one. It's not like a new Acekard costs more than 15$.