ACEKARD 2

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by rzep, May 13, 2008.

May 13, 2008

ACEKARD 2 by rzep at 9:59 AM (4,320 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. rzep
    OP

Newcomer rzep Newbie

Australia
    Hi,

I use to have a R4 but recently brought an Acekard 2 - Picked it up today. Just loaded some programs on there. But I cant seem to get the themes to work. On my R4 I was able to have a theme but I can't seem to get them to work on Acekard 2 - Can anyone help?

2. Topfragger

Member Topfragger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    the Acekard 2 uses "skins" and if your using the ones from R4 don't expect them to work.

you can change skins in the system options on the AK2's start menu, theres 3 basic skins that come loaded in the latest firmware in the skins folder, i like the advanced evo one the best.
    but anyway, you can get more from Acekards website, i haven't figured out how to make my own though since it doesn't work when i try.

i blame that calender thing....

3. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  4. rzep
    OP

Newcomer rzep Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for your help guys!

Another question!

My card was working ok - Now I have a problem where the games are just not loading - It keeps on saying "PROCESSING" It was working fine until today - Any ideas?

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Is your microSD card nearly full? Are all your games on the root of the microSD card?

-Bri

6. rzep
    OP

Newcomer rzep Newbie

Australia
    I have a folder set up called "games" and all the games are in there? Is that what you mean?

I have 50 games on there and it is a 4gig card

7. Bri

United States
    Yes, that's what I meant. 50 games should leave plenty of empty space for save files on a 4GB microSD drive.

Does it hang when you load the menu, or when you load a game? If it's hanging when you load games, does it hang on every game or just certain ones?

Back up your microSD card, reformat it, copy the files back, and then try it again.

-Bri

8. rzep
    OP

Newcomer rzep Newbie

Australia
    Hi Bri,

Yes it does it all games.

I have just now removed the SD and put it into another ACEKARD and it worked - So it's the ACEKARD!

Have you had this issue before?

I am thinking I may send it back and get another R4 instead?

9. Bri

United States
    NO! Exchange it for another Acekard 2.

Honestly, this is the first time I've heard of this problem with the Acekard 2. Mine works perfectly, and it's a great cart.

-Bri

10. Bri

United States
    Apparently, there has been a bad batch of AK2's. See this link (thanks to Veign06 for pointing this out): http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...%3D1&page=2

Also, see this thread (which is where I got the link): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=86879

-Bri

11. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    That would be the biggest mistake of your life.....

There really isn't a reason to get a R4 now... Besides, since you have a SDHC card, the R4 can't read it. It can only read up to 2 gig cards.