Hacking Acekard 2 will not load past the DS warning screen

Lol-a-palooza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi GBAtemp forums, this is my first post here, but this seemed like the best place to get help. In the past few weeks, my Acekard 2 flash cart has caused a loading problem with my DS: after switching on the power, a blank screen will display for a second longer than it should, followed by NINTE on the top screen and the warning on the bottom half-visible (in transition). Normally, I could just try and power on a few more times and the DS and card would work. Now, it won't load or work at all, even with the micro sd taken out. The DS turns on fine without the Acekard 2 in the slot, and plays my other DS games fine. Today I formatted the sd card and put the latest firmware back on, but to no avail.

tl;dr: Owned my card about a month, lately when it's in the ds it won't load past the warning screen, without the card in ds works fine. Formatted, still doesn't work.

Am I screwed?

P.S. Ordered at the end of June from Dealextreme.

Edit: I'm using a Japanese Kingston 2gb mini-sd from newegg.

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have exactly the same problem, plus I also bought it from dealextreme and I have a Japanese Kingston 2 GB. Talk about a Deja Vu... So does anyone know what to do??

Lol-a-palooza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasup said:
I have exactly the same problem, plus I also bought it from dealextreme and I have a Japanese Kingston 2 GB. Talk about a Deja Vu... So does anyone know what to do??

On the 'defective item page', it requests the item SKU... is that the sticker on the front of the package it came in? It's 7 numbers between two red bars on a white sticker. I can't find a bar code or anything like that on the card or on the manual.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. But what does this mean? "If DOA, photo of the packaging (only required if DOA): This picture is required."

13375p34k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can I take a picture of the defective product if I can't power on my DS with the AK2 inserted?? Do i just take a picture of the AceKard... But I don't thinks that convincing..

Lol-a-palooza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasup said:
How can I take a picture of the defective product if I can't power on my DS with the AK2 inserted?? Do i just take a picture of the AceKard... But I don't thinks that convincing..

I took a picture of the ds stuck at the warning screen, and then a picture showing the ds working without the Acekard in. Not convincing, but I'm sure if you tell them others have had this problem (as I did, referencing this thread) they'll authorize the return like they did for me last night. I had tried to send them a video of it not working, but that doesn't work, lol.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-cough-
QUOTE said:
If DOA, photo of the packaging (only required if DOA): This picture is required.
Doesn't seem all that vague to me... when I buy a AK2 and need to return it I'm pretty sure they don't want a picture of me, the DS I'm using it in, or my cat either. I'd think, if anything, they would want a picture of the the plastic clam-shell the AK2 ships in and the card itself (if not the actual bubblepak mailer) so they can figure out which source is giving them bunk-o-junk and see proof that you are describing a DOA problem with something they sent you (I for one tend not to toss a package out until I've tested what's inside it for DOA, even local stores often won't take stuff back if you don't have the original packaging - dunno about you all though.)

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try putting the card in another DS? It might work ... or try another flash cart/game in your DS to confirm that it's the AK2.

Lol-a-palooza

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crappi3pappy said:
Beats me why people keep buying these pieces of crap. Do people really jerk off to 'lovely' menus that much ?

I bought it because of the good review from GBAtemp and the low cost... I don't care about the menu much.

QUOTE(IOwnAndPwnU @ Aug 15 2008, 08:18 PM) Try putting the card in another DS? It might work ... or try another flash cart/game in your DS to confirm that it's the AK2.

I already did with another game and another ds. It's definitely the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...