Hacking AceKard 2 soft reset

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
ABXYLR + Down on the DPAD..

just a warning though, enabling the soft reset function messes up some games..
wink.gif

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
kikoexe said:
ABXYLR + Down on the DPAD..

just a warning though, enabling the soft reset function messes up some games..
wink.gif

what do you mean messes up some games ? will they still work ?

Fidgeteer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
soft reset on AK2 = L+R+A+B+Down

Thanks for that, gb and everyone else. You've saved me a lot of frustration. I've never owned a flash cart before. AK2 is my first (along with the EZ 3-in-1) and today was the first day I'd ever used one. I had no idea how to quit a game without turning off my DS.

I've now tried your SR with eleven different ROMs and have yet to experience a single freeze, despite the warning. Then again, I've only put in four hours' time so far.

I'm glad I did a search before starting a new thread about soft resets. Now to research moonshell and folder hierarchies for homebrew apps (since the AK2 insert was incredibly vague on that subject). I'm trying to avoid torturing veterans with elementary questions.

icethegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fidgeteer said:
gratefulbuddy said:
soft reset on AK2 = L+R+A+B+Down

Thanks for that, gb and everyone else. You've saved me a lot of frustration. I've never owned a flash cart before. AK2 is my first (along with the EZ 3-in-1) and today was the first day I'd ever used one. I had no idea how to quit a game without turning off my DS.

I've now tried your SR with eleven different ROMs and have yet to experience a single freeze, despite the warning. Then again, I've only put in four hours' time so far.

I'm glad I did a search before starting a new thread about soft resets. Now to research moonshell and folder hierarchies for homebrew apps (since the AK2 insert was incredibly vague on that subject). I'm trying to avoid torturing veterans with elementary questions.

touche you just answered my question about what 'soft reset' was!
gbasp.gif

ronatola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not working for me.
Am I supposed to press them simultaneously? Or in order? When u say L and R do you mean the bumoer buttons, or the direction pad? Do I have to set a soft reboot enable somewhere in the system properties?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ronatola said:
It's not working for me.
Am I supposed to press them simultaneously? Or in order? When u say L and R do you mean the bumoer buttons, or the direction pad? Do I have to set a soft reboot enable somewhere in the system properties?
You have to press them simultaneously. And you have to enable it first. L and R are the buttons on top of the DS, not the D-pad.

ronatola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maikel Steneker said:
ronatola said:
It's not working for me.
You have to press them simultaneously. And you have to enable it first. L and R are the buttons on top of the DS, not the D-pad.

How do I enable it - I don't see it in the system properties or the advanced properties?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ronatola said:
Maikel Steneker said:
ronatola said:
It's not working for me.

How do I enable it - I don't see it in the system properties or the advanced properties?
It's in the patches menu.

ronatola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ronatola said:
it worked - thx

on a side note (because you guys seem to know what you're doing)
How do i play video files?
I have a dpg file, but if i put it in the games folder it shows up as a question mark and won't play.

Askepios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ronatola said:
on a side note (because you guys seem to know what you're doing)
How do i play video files?
I have a dpg file, but if i put it in the games folder it shows up as a question mark and won't play.

You can't play DPG files directly from the AK2 menu. Download Moonshell and use that for video.

By the way, you can enable soft reset for all games by default by changing resetInGame to 1 in globalsettings.ini.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
You might also consider finding the hacked DLDI version of Sakura (the continuation of Moonshell, nominally exclusive to the M3 flash card) to use as your media player, but I've never once played a video on my DS, so I have no idea whether it performs any better. It skips less when playing MP3s for me than Moonshell, at the least.

Askepios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
You might also consider finding the hacked DLDI version of Sakura (the continuation of Moonshell, nominally exclusive to the M3 flash card) to use as your media player, but I've never once played a video on my DS, so I have no idea whether it performs any better. It skips less when playing MP3s for me than Moonshell, at the least.

Just a note, if you decide to try Sakura, go through the steps to create the DLDI version yourself. I tried one that was supposedly already DLDI-ready, but it didn't work on my AK2. After creating it myself, it worked fine.

Though while Sakura looks quite a bit nicer, videos tend to be heavy on pixelation and artifacts. I'm not sure if it's something about Sakura, or if I'm doing something wrong, but Moonshell is better to me for the time being.

Askepios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
I personally get better video playback quality with Sakura than I do with Moonshell.

I've been using the dpg encoder that comes with Sakura Toolpack to convert video

I haven't tried that yet. I converted mine with BatchDPG. I downloaded Sakura Toolpack a while ago to see if it's an encoding issue of some sort, but I haven't gotten around to converting anything yet. I'll try that now and see if it does any good.

thepassionofchad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I've tried soft reset in 4 different games... Top Spin 3, Call of Duty 4, Chessmaster, and LOTR: Conquest, hasn't worked in any of them. I have it enabled in the patches menu and in the game ROM info. I'm running the lastest firmware. Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk