Acekard 2 Skins! (Warning PG-13)

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by spardasieg, May 19, 2010.

May 19, 2010
  1. spardasieg
    OP

Newcomer spardasieg Advanced Member

United States
    Yuko Ogura

[​IMG]

Download:
    http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=1488

Yuko Ogura 2

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=1487

Angelina Jolie

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=1486

Kate Beckinsale

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=1484

Kate Beckinsale 2

[​IMG]

Download: http://www.acekard.com/down_skin.php?id=1485

Tried looking for a skin thread, the search here is insane, btw can anyone who likes them post back how they work, Just made them, wont have my DS till next week.

(If this is in the wrong forum, Move or delete if its not allowed, also could not find the rules on this forum, I might be blind though)

Enjoy.

2. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    The forum rules are easy enough to find just open your eyes it's linked on every page.

As for your skins I can't comment I don't own an acekard so I can't tel if they work well, also can't comment on design ecause they're pictures of models.

However if your into making themes e.t.c. I suggest you taking a look at NDSthemes :- a site basically dedicated to NDS themes for various flashcards, they even have a rating system for themes and awards for good themes e.t.c.

3. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    Ahh ok I was looking in the wrong place(Its only on the top bar for me). Yeah I wanted to keep them clean, all the calenders, clocks and other stuff bothered me when I was in the editor, they blocked out most the image. I will check out that side, I do think there should make a sticky with Skins, Cause I did look, hope these are ok here.

I uploaded them all to that site, same username as here.

Thanks again.

4. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    if you get Megan Fox, then i'll care.
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

5. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nice. I think you can make the clocks digital and just show the date on the top bar. I can make a template if you wish. I may have to make one of these...

6. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    Well I guess I did something wrong...NDSThemes Disapproved them for lack of content, Probably because of no tamplate like you said, I have no clue on how to go about this...Gonna have to look into it, you can make one if you like though since I cant seem to get it right...., I want to make a lime green one and black and white one seems those 2 would fit these eventually....

Also why does everyone like Megan Fox so much, I never seen so many people for just one girl...I don't find her attractive for some reason, well nothing special that is.

7. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I'm pretty sure the lack of content is just because you didn't really do anything apart from changing the top image, bottom image, and .ini files a little bit (dunno if that is for all that you made, I only looked at one). Try making your own images and make it all unique (using a skin as a template is great, but you should attempt replacing all of them rather than just the background).

8. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    instead of aving in your face clock and stuff (I don't know if you can do this or not don't own an acekard) and relying on the fact you can change these too why don't you make them umm...translucent?

y'know good old transparancy so you can still see them, they're still there but you can see everything underneath aswell

9. jurassicplayer

United States
    None of the images can be translucent apart from the selector bar (which is a solid color defined by the .ini instead of an image anyways). The only way transparency works is by using solid black, which leaves a lot to be desired in terms of flush images xD (but there are some pretty dam good skins that use the background of the image with their numbers...though that has be tileable to look right). Plus the image format is .bmp which also doesn't support transparency anyways.

10. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    Know it might be impossible but is there a place where I can just get nice clean templates and add my own photos?

11. jurassicplayer

United States
    What exactly do you mean by a nice clean template? Like blank images and just have the file structure?

12. spardasieg
    OP

United States
  13. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    You could always look @ the WIKI or this post on making skins (they're both the same incidentally)

(Take note about the problem we've got with using AKEdit)

The easiest way would be to make a copy of an existing skin folder (there's several here & here) that has something 'similar' to the layout you want, & then just replace certain graphics for the ones you want instead

- just make sure that you've got the resolution of your graphics right & also the bit-depth is correct (it's gotta be 16-bit graphics and not 24-bit or 32-bit graphics)
    If any of your pictures have 'Black' in them - it's best to change it to a 'Near-Black' colour - otherwise it will become 'transparent' when displayed on the DS

14. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    So basically find one I like, and replace the pictures with correct names? Sounds good, Yeah they are 32bit, back to photoshop for that.