Acekard 2 or M3 real?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ntranced1701, Apr 23, 2008.

Apr 23, 2008

Acekard 2 or M3 real? by Ntranced1701 at 11:03 AM (7,552 Views / 0 Likes) 33 replies

1. Ntranced1701
    OP

Banned Ntranced1701 Banned

United States
    Hello everyone, i am Ntranced1701
    i am going to buy my first flashcard for my DS via bank deposit tommorow.

and i need some guidance over whether to get the Acekard 2 or M3 real.
    I will not.
    Concider Supercard because i have kept watch on Supercard their usually cheap crap.
    TTDS is out of the question because of cheap n nasty afflictions
    Edge is a no, as its just Acekard 2 except with Cloned Cyclo DS firmware.

and NO R4DS NO NO NO NO! *hits whoever says R4 with newspaper*
    the only reason to buy an R4 is for buying a piece of history, its no longer a practical card.

anyway i also was wondering.
    howcome all these new flashcards have this RAM chip or what ever it is sticking out the front underneath the label? what caused this design change because the R4 and M3 simply didn't have a cheap protruding, was it for reasons of build quality and durability that the chip was made with a hole to poke out or what?

also i bought a 2GB microSD toshiba so once i get my flashcard (whichever one i happen to choose) i will do a video review.
    it's hard because i absolutely love the M3 real and Acekard 2 and i will probably buy both eventually after a while....

so members.
    give me your opinions!

2. chaotic_geo

Member chaotic_geo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Considering the M3Sakura is nearing to its release date later this week, I would suggest the M3 Real.

Basically future proof for a loooong time, not only that but the M3 team are very dedicated to their flashcards.

3. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    and of the Acekard 2? the Acekard 2 and M3 real are basically the same except for a few firmware difference (Acekard 2 has clock that is the exact DS's Bios clock set, and the start menu)
    the Acekard 2 hardware built is almost the same too except for the lack of 1 screw the M3 real has.

well anyway, i heard about this sakura firmware many times when i browsed through the GBAtemp forums previously before i signed up, is it an official firmware from M3 that they have made?

anyway does anyone know about that chip thing design?.

4. chaotic_geo

Member chaotic_geo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i've been talking to urza alot recently about the ak2. he can't stop speaking highly enough about it. i have since recommended them to some friends and picked up 2. it is a great kit, you will not miss the 1gb on onboard mem that comes with the rpg. i personally have had the best of luck with japanese kingstons. you can pick up the 2gb card with a reader for 15$ if you shop around.

how is the r4 not a practical card card? don't hate it just because its the new *in* thing to do. it might be lacking some of the more current features (real time saves, slow motion, etc) but if that stuff isn't missed than it is a great choice for a slot1 flash kit. i currently own 1 and it gets more play than my other slot1 kits.

cheers,
    -another world

6. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    if the acekard 2 had 1 screw to keep it together like the M3 real its build would be perfect.
    i plan to upgrade to the M3 real later on.
    for now its budget simple card for me.

i bought a 2GB toshiba MicroSD card for my flashcard a few days ago so yeah....

and the R4 isn't practical, it's a least 15-20$ more than the TTDS or Acekard 2
    so i mean it doesn't support SDHC its Download play isn't perfect, production has stopped for the card which is causing prices to mount higher, and once Nintendo closes down the R4 team NO MORE firmware updates,

whats the point of paying say 75$ AUD for an R4 when you can get an Acekard 2 for
    56$ and have perfected features? its just not logical

7. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    M3 real isn't such a great cart, but with the Sakura firmware, it looks A LOT better. But Until it actually comes out, I will not recommend a M3 real. It's not a bad choice, but there are better choices out there.

So, your best choice is to wait for a few weeks before choosing.

Also, why so much hate on Supercard? I have one, and loving it. It's good as a Cyclo, and doesn't seem to have any problems yet. And M3 real is worse than a SCDS1, or Acekard 2.

8. PigVenus

Member PigVenus GBAtemp Regular

Sri Lanka
    I have a CycloDS and a M3 Real Perfect. I think the fit-and-finish of the M3 is better (the microSD is perfectly flush). The microSD on the M3 is spring loaded which is both good and bad (good because you can pop it out without removing the flashcard, bad because you can pop it out if you press on it just right while its inserted although this has never happened to me).

As far as functionality, both cards are equal. The M3 doesn't requires GBA ExpLoader like the CycloDS does, but that is extremely minor. However, the menus in Cyclo are very fast while M3 drags. Both cards are very actively supported and updated.

You can get the M3 Perfect bundle for about $20 cheaper than the CycloDS + EZFlash 3-in-1.

I would buy either card again in a heartbeat.

9. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    does anyone know the reason why all these new gen flascharts have a chip sticking up from under the sticker?
    it wasent there in the M3 simply and R4DS why the sudden addition of cutting a hole in the casing for a chip to fit through?

does anyone know what caused this design change? it puts off allot of people on aesthetics.

but i like the Acekard 2 just fine if it didnt lack at least 1 screw, clips dont seem very good for holding it together.

i dunno i will get an M3 real later, i basically want both so i can explore their features and give recommendations to my friends.

10. satel

Member satel Luigi's Big Brother

Tokelau
    screw makes no difference the Acekard 2 built quality is like any other cart & it has spring mechanism anyway so you dont really need to take it out of the ds slot you can just take the micro sd card out when you need to & put it back without removing the Acekard2. [​IMG]

11. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    screw does make difference.
    it holds the cart firmly together and takes the strain off the fragile clips.
    m3 real and Acekard 2 are so far the only known flashcards to be held together by plastic clips.

anyway does anyone know the story behind the chip that protrudes out the front?
    Anyone? i wanna know

12. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    G6 Real also has clips

13. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    G6 is just M3 with NAND flash

heres my theory why theres a chip sticking out.

somebody made the chips sexually aroused so they expanded and now they need more room to stick out, no that aint a chip bulge your card just has an erection

14. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I believe the chip is sticking in new generation of carts because of the SDHC compatibility..Old carts didn't need bigger chip because they didn't read SDHC microSD cards, and new ones does, so that's your answer..

For recommendation, I can say I'm using M3 Real Perfect and I'm very happy with it..
    (you see ojsinnerz, you use Supercard, and think it's a great card, I've had it and sold it, because it felt cheep and bad for me..but you don't see me going around acting like you and talking crap about it, I've said it before, stop talking bad about M3 Real!! I would recommend M3 or CycloDS over Supercard at any time)..

15. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    SDHC isn't the reason.

TTDS has the chip sticking out in earlier versions but not now.

and the Acekard (original) and EZflash V has chips sticking out despite the fact they are non SDHC

16. xenon

Member xenon GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Nice avatar and signature, IDIOT.

17. sk3tch

Member sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thank you! I was reading this thread just amazed at the people responding casually and not saying anything about his ridiculous signature and avatar.

How can that blatant racism be allowed by the mods??

18. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    The only racism is yours, The swastika is a Hindu symbol

and whats so offensive about hating Rivers?

19. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Is it really racist to hate a whole country?

@Ntranced1701: Your swastika with the black symbol within a white circle within a red background is by far more comparable to the one used by the Nazi party and by modern-day Neo-Nazis than those used by Hindus, aviators, or other groups throughout history.

-Bri

20. Ntranced1701
    OP

United States
    The Niger is a river Valley you Stupid moronic fool

*breaks your nose with encyclopedia*