Acekard 2 not showing anything in list after update

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Slave, Oct 11, 2009.

Oct 11, 2009
  1. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    -Acekard 2 (not the ak2i)
    -I downloaded the most recent update (4.18) copied it on the MicroSD (2gb FAT32) and in the Acekard2, booted, everything was fine, I booted a game (Harvest Fishing) worked #1, shut down the NDS.

-After I turned back on the DS and the Acekard 2 booted, I was in the Rom List Menu, but it was completely Empty, as if I didn't have any roms in the Micro SD... but I have like 30.. and I cant select anything, Start menu doesn't work, I cant press anything, no button works... all I see is the little SLOT1 icon flashing rapidly... but nothing happens.

-Afterwards I installed 3 different firmware completely (4.15 to 4.17) and I still have the same problem

-Tried using the AKAIO 1.5 firmware: Black screen on boot... but I never used AKAIO so I dunno maybe I did something wrong installing it...

-Formated the Micro SD onto both FAT and FAT32 and reinstalled the latest firmware: same thing menu empty cant do anything

-I took a completely different SD card (an 8gb I had on another device) installed the latest firmware on it placed it back in the Acekard2 with the 4.18 firmware... again same result of menu that I cant do anything and the SLOT1 icon flashing.

Anyone know what to do? [​IMG]
    Thanks!

2. ChrisMims

Banned ChrisMims Banned

United States
    Delete all of the system files (just about everything except your games, SAVs and moonshell), then put the new AKAIO on again.

3. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Downloaded AKAIO 1.5 from: http://www.normmatt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=83
    Deleted _AK2 & akmenu4.nds from the MicroSD
    Copied the folder and the akmenu4.nds from AKAIO 1.5 on SD
    Booted the DS
    LOADING screen
    then:
    Black Screen

Anything I'm not doing correctly?

4. ChrisMims

Banned ChrisMims Banned

United States
    Do you mean _aio?
    Try putting the loader in _aio > ak2loader

5. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Thanks I didnt know about that step... but I still have a black screen when I boot it :-(

6. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Bump?

7. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    "the general rule of thumb is to format your 2GB or less microSD cards at FAT16" ~ http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO

Maby that will help.. But I am a little confused that you always get black screen,alls I did was got the latest loaders and wifi plugin for my Akaio 1.5 and put all the games into the main directory,and it works great,maby your card is odd,did you reformat ever with Panasonic SD Formatter instead of just deleting the files?

8. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just did used the Panasonic formater, intalled AKAIO with the AK2 loader... still get a black screen :-(

9. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
  10. Slave
    OP

Member Slave GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yeah there werent any confusion, the only thing I didnt do is that wifi plugin, but I dont update my card via wifi... will that influence the black screen? Not having the wifi plugin even if I'm not updating the wifi?

BTW the loader page, all the links are dead for the loaders... they worked yesterday... seems to be down today, getting 404 error...

11. TheDude879

Newcomer TheDude879 Member

United States
    The Loader page is back up, though all I can think of is you have a 'fake' acekard or it is dead.