Hacking Acekard 2 - maximum number of files per folder?

lewjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have acekard 2 w/ bliss loader(k09) and Ewin expansion. I'm just looking for some guidelines. Since I have a 4GB card, i put 500 gba roms in a folder, but the loader froze when I tried to select my GBA roms folder. I then removed all but 10 GBA roms and I can navigate the folder fine, BUT bliss froze at loading any rom. The access/processing indicator would blink then nothing.

I was able to get GBA functionality again by reinstalling Bliss. So did I screw Bliss up by having too many files, or do I have card from the dreaded "bad batch"
frown.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Too many files will cause a buffer overflow resulting in a crash. I'm not sure what the limit is but remember that the nds has a small amount of ram and it has to store each roms name in ram to display. If you have too many files or alot of files with very long file names then you will cause a buffer overflow and freeze the ds.

lewjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Using trial and error it looks like the limit is 256 visible items per folder. Items depend on what files you have set to be visible in system options. I have .sav files hidden, so I have 256 roms in a folder without problems. Subfolders are visible so they are counted as items too. If you have 2 subfolders, than max is 254 roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China