Acekard 2 help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by firripu123, Jun 14, 2008.

Jun 14, 2008

Acekard 2 help by firripu123 at 5:33 AM (1,237 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. firripu123
    OP

Newcomer firripu123 Newbie

United States
    just after 3 days, i downloaded eyeshield 21 for my acekard 2. When i turned on the ds and botted the game, everything was fine and so i turned it off. When i turned it back on again and booted a different game, i'm left with this message that says processing...do not power off. This message is still on the screen after 10 min, obviously it froze but i left it on to see if anything would change but i guess not. What i'm trying to say is, what happened? could it be that the file i have downloaded contained some sort of virus that ruined my acekard 2? is the acekard 2 itself acting up or could it be the sd card i'm using?

btw i'm using a sandisk 2gb micro sd.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    It sounds like it froze as it was trying to create the save file (or load it if it already exists) for the second game. My guess is that either the memory card is full, or it has become corrupted and needs to be reformatted.

3. firripu123
    OP

United States
    how can i reformat my memory card? what are the steps to reformatting the sd card?
    sorry but i'm really familiar w/ emulators etc. please help.

4. FreshSoul

Member FreshSoul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    from my own experience... just delete everything off... then voila.. do what ever the hell you want with it

5. firripu123
    OP

United States
    so far, i've tried deleting everthing; re-downloading the files and booting the game. Unfortunately the same thing occurs.

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I'll assume you're using Windows. The simple way is to right click the card in Windows Explorer/My Computer, then click 'Format...' to open the drive formatting utility.

If you want to be able to change the allocation unit size, you have to format the card from the Disk Management utility. You can get there from the control panel (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management) or you can run "diskmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) from the 'Run...' item on the start menu.

Just deleting all the files does not reformat the card.

7. firripu123
    OP

United States
    thanks destructobot, but i reformatted the sd and yet when i boot the games, i'm left with the same message "processing Do not power off".
    i've tried everthing, what else is left to do?