Hacking Acekard 2 Help Please(Extreme Noon Warning)

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean Noob warning

Hey guys! I'm new to GBAtemp! I ordered a EZ 3 in 1 expansion and an Acekard 2 a couple days ago and I have no clue how to set it up.
wacko.gif
I searched for a decent tutorial for days and found nothing..
cry.gif
Could someone give me some steps on how to run the following things:

1. First of all, I want to know how to put my NDS ROM backups onto my Acekard 2, suck as MetroidPrimeHunters and Zelda PH. (I don't want the files, I already have them LEGALLY, stealing is for scums)
2. I would like to put whatever necessary to emulate GBA games (i.e the ones I own: Zelda MC, MetroidFusion, and others)
3. Next I want to put on popular homebrew applications and the sort..

Some information to know:
I run Windows XP
I have the Acekard 2
I have a EZ Flash 3 in 1 Expansion Pack
I have not opened the previous two
I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOW DO USE THESE!!!

Thank you very much in advance for helping me out on this!

See you tomorrow (My birthday BTW, 17!)

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiriashi said:
I don't want the files, I already have them LEGALLY, stealing is for scums
Actually since you're in the USA, the very act of copying games (unauthorized duplication of copyrighted material) to a flash card _is_ illegal, and a form of "stealing" AKA piracy.

So, wouldn't that make you scum, just like all the people you're calling scum?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Cocunut, try to keep on topic. We are suppose to help people here, not ask them questions.

==

For your NDS Games, just draw and drop them onto your SD Card. Anywhere is good, but you should make a "NDS Games" folder, for all of the games. (Without the brackets)
To emulate the GBA Games, just drag and drop all the games into your SD Card. Anywhere is good as well, but if you want to be organized, just place all the games into a "GBA Games" Folder. And then, just load the roms like you would load a NDS Game using the interface.
Popular homebrew applications are like NDS Games. Draw and Drop, then simply load them.

That simple. And, you can also use an alternative GBA loader, called the GBAExploader.

Download here: GBA Exploader V0.58b

==

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you already have a microSD card as well...

1. Download AK2 firmware (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4593)
2. Place the "_aio" folder and "akmenu4.nds" onto the root of the microSD
3. Place your games (.nds files) onto the root of the microSD
4. Place any saved (.nds.sav files with the exact same title as the corresponding game) files onto the root of the microSD
5. Download the loader for the 3in1 (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4066)
6. Place the "GBA_ExpLoader" configuration settings and "GBA_ExpLoader.nds" onto the root of your microSD
7. Read the 'readme' that came with the GBA_ExpLoader

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very Echo and abaddon41_80. Oh and, what is the root of the SD card? Just the very first window you see when you open the removable disc or is it a folder? (I haven't done it yet so I haven't seen it..)

And CoconutCake, you do have a point there, but I am going by the rules of GBAtemp i.e you can put ROMs in your flashkart if you own the actual game. So if you please, don't go spoiling all the fun, and just try to help people.

Well, thanks guys!

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rules of GBAtemp is that you dont mention where to get illegal roms - the discussion of their use is fine.
Look around there is a subforum that tells you when these illegal roms get released but not where to get them from.
Now you know what the actual rules are you can talk in terms of 'roms you downloaded' rather than 'roms you backed up.. LEGAL MIND I R NO A ROBBA SCUMBAG'

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kiriashi said:
Thanks very Echo and abaddon41_80. Oh and, what is the root of the SD card? Just the very first window you see when you open the removable disc or is it a folder? (I haven't done it yet so I haven't seen it..)

And CoconutCake, you do have a point there, but I am going by the rules of GBAtemp i.e you can put ROMs in your flashkart if you own the actual game. So if you please, don't go spoiling all the fun, and just try to help people.

Well, thanks guys!

Yeah, the root is the very first window when you open to the removable disk.

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abaddon41_80 said:
Kiriashi said:

Well, thanks guys!

Yeah, the root is the very first window when you open to the removable disk.

Ah thanks, I'm doing the steps now!

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys. Everything seems to be working, I guess.. but I still don't understand some of the terms here and there.

First I'll just say that I don't understand my EZ Flash.. I played around with it, and realised that after pressing some buttons that said something about NOR, I can save a gba game to my nds opening screen!
But when I erase the game off of slot 2, and click on The EZ Flash Icon below the micro SD card, it says there is nothing in SLOT 2
dry.gif
How does that work? I want to be able to play descent and use the browser with my RAM expansion, but I don't know how to use it... Could somebody tell me how it works? I'm clueless..

Oh and I thought I'd ask, how come I don't need to us GBA Exploder OR my EZ Flash to run gba games?
My Acekad 2i loads them right of of slot one, no problem. Yeah, that's right, I found out its a 2i.. but so far it works so I don't mid (plus if I get a DSi it might work, right?)

Thanks in advance!

~Kiriashi~

P.S where did the word tilde come from ~~~~~~? (Spain?)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only reason why it is like that is because you deleted the game off of NOR. There is the answer... Then, just save the game on the NOR again.
And, to fix your issue, try and switch the settings by changing it to RAM.

To change it, follow this:

Start>Patches>Press Y (3in1)

I am not fully sure, but it would be best if you used the homebrew. After that, I am not fully sure what will happen next ><

You can experiment again, and if you find the details, tell meh xD

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say thank you for helping Echo!
laugh.gif

So anyways, I understand what happened when I deleted the NOR (what's that stand for?
huh.gif
) off of the cart, and I also understand how to put one back on. I wanna know why I can't put files into my EZ Flash and browse them like on the microSD card. Is that even possible? I'm pretty sure it is because when I was looking for some good homebrew apps and games, I saw one that said it could browse files on Slot 1 and Slot 2 simultaneously, so shouldn't you be able to put on and browse files on your EZ Flash alone without homebrew?
ohmy.gif
I'll do what you said, but just here me out:

Is my EZ Flash really expanding my memory when I can't (well at least don't know to) put files on it?
I'll check up to see if you posted right after I do what you mentioned. After we sort this out I'm on to Moonshell SO COMPLICATED!!
wacko.gif

EDIT: I don't see a section where it says I'm using RAM I'll keep looking...

Kiriashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I don't want GBA Exploder taking up space on my MicroSD Card as it is not needed at all for me to play GBA games. Lameboy however is very nice. But anyways.. Hmm, well I guess this topic has been served.
laugh.gif

Thanks Echo
bow.gif
,and you other guys as well!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...