Acekard 2 + GBA Slot-2 loader

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by IOwnAndPwnU, Aug 9, 2008.

Aug 9, 2008
  1. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Sorry for adding another topic like this but to confirm.

Since my previous Acekard 2 is broken (FAT Error):
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=996...p;#entry1329991
    I wanted to get another Acekard 2. I don't want another card because R4DS cannot support 4GB (I think some can but not sure), CycloDS, don't know where to buy/too expensive for features I think are useless and I heard M3 has bad build quality. My previous AK2 has worked perfectly so I really liked it.

Anyways, I wanted to get it from DealExtreme because it's relatively cheap compared to other places. So here is the link for the AK2:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

I might also get the EZFlash 3in1 since it seems pretty good and popular for only approx. $20. Here is link:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

Note: I live in Ontario, Canada.

Questions:

1. Are the latest batches of AK2 from DX safe? Like no hardware problems, or to be particular, FAT Error. (Stupid Fat Error!)

2. Is there a better Slot-2 card that can play GBA roms (priority is GBA rom compatibility, rumble, browser, although I would prefer all of them [​IMG])? I want from DX since it's cheap. Provide link as well.

3. Are the prices listed on www.dealextreme.com USD or CDN ?

4. How long does it typically take for the free delivery?

5. Approximately how much does the faster shipping cost and how long for delivery?

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    1. I wouldn't know

2. Theres the Ewin 2 in 1 which is pretty much the same except with more PSRAM and less NOR ram

3. USD

4. 3 weeks for me, and I'm in California, sometimes it takes a while.

5. Don't know

3. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Canada
    I can't find the Ewin 2in1 but I like the other one. Also, I found the Ewin Rumble pack for like $5 which is good price. But sadly cannot load GBA roms.

Edit: I was hoping the faster delivery would be upto $5 (for both products) and would ship in less than a week. But if it's not available, doesn't matter much ... kinda. I was hoping to get the AK2 before school starts (September).

4. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Canada
    No, I live in Ontario. I've tried Kijiji but the prices range from $30-45 which is a bit expensive compared to that $25. And they don't sell them at the store either which means no refund/exchange.

5. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Canada
    Does anyone know good sellers (either online or stores) located in Toronto, Ontario? For the online part, Canada but for the stores part, Toronto (or Brampton/Mississauga), Ontario. So does anyone of any good ones?
    I heard of DX, although I wonder if that's to Canada because all prices mentioned in USD. I know of kickgaming.com and gamersection.ca Does anyone know of stores/other sites?

Thanks

6. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    [​IMG]

i know an awesome site where you can get a AceKard from that has a similar price xD

KickGaming.com

i bought my SuperCard DS One from there and it came in less than a week ! while right now you can't order anything [​IMG] probably cause they are watching the Beijing Olympics xD

you can order the AceKard once it's August 13 since that's when they will be shippinh everything ! so it's best to order now or at least once it's the 13 so you won't be troubled or impatient .

I can give you everything you need to have an awesome price !

BTW : I'm from Brampton, Ontario, Canada !
    ===================================

BothPrices To Conjure( LOL yes conjure xD ) The "Discount" Ritual =P
    AceKard 2 at DealExtreme $23.01
    AceKard 2 at KickGaming $39.99

Lowest Price Guarentee
    You can use that to see how much you will be paying once it gets discounted .

===================================

that's basically all you need . Once you make your order e-mail the guys at KickGaming ASAP and tell them about the discount . Once that's done add that the shipping from DealExtreme is free ! Hope that helps ...

- Echo

7. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    One thing you might want to consider (don't know, but for me it was a big thing) is, that Pokémon Linkage only works with the EZ 3 in 1, no other Slot-2 expansion is supporterted.

8. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Canada
    By Pokemon Linkage, I'll assume you mean that transfering pokemon from FireRed/Emerald/etc to Pokemon D/P. That's kinda stupid ... although I guess you could just use a cheat for that but still kinda stupid.
    How about the DSTT with the DSTT 2in1 GBA & Explorer? Can it also do?

9. Slowking

Germany
    Wouldn't go for the TT. You get an Acekard2 for that price...

For the Slot-2 Expansion I would really go for the 3 in 1 as it's natively supported by the Acekard and you can link with DP. But other than that feel free with wichever expansion you like. They are all kinda similar.

10. IOwnAndPwnU
    OP

Canada
    I was thinking of getting DSTT from a local seller. But I wanted to see it first before I actually bought it.

11. Slowking

Germany
    What do you want to see? Those things look exactly the same. o.O If you mean the menu and stuff there are many excellent reviews with many screenshots around.

12. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The DSTT 2-in-1 is actually a rebranded eWin 2-in-1 mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. They are nearly impossible to get at the moment.

For those in Canada who don't mind paying a little more than dealextreme.com for faster shipping, I know that Leetmod.com has free and fast shipping to Canada. I've ordered from them and they have excellent customer service. They even test flash carts before sending them to help ensure they're not DOA. Prices are better on some items than others, so compare with other stores (taking into account shipping times) before you buy.

-Bri