Hacking Acekard 2 doesn't load NDS ROMs

chickendung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I won that Acekard 2 quiz a while ago, and now I have this problem: My Acekard 2 doesn't load real NDS roms! When I start the ROM, it just goes to a black screen and freezes up. Any recommendations? I've tried restoring the Acekard 2 to its factory settings already. I've even tried booting the ROM in Moonshell. It says "No support Adapter?". I sent a message to the Acekard Team, but its been 2 days and they haven't responded. If no one can help, what Flash Card do you recommend I buy? The homebrew works fine on the Acekard 2, which is odd. I don't want an R4, and I don't want to risk getting another Acekard 2 because of the problems people have been getting. Thanks. Oh, and GBA roms work fine. I have bliss's custom OS, but I tried going back to the original OS and it still did not work.

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Shadow#1 said:
um GBA roms can not be ran from a slot1 flashcart.

He probably means the native support for the EZ Flash 3-in-1 through Bliss's firmware.

Anyway, the same thing happened to my AK2. It would freeze whenever I tried to load a rom or change the firmware settings (eg backgrounds and patch modes). I sent it back to DX and I'm still waiting for my replacement. May be you can ask the mods if they have any kind of consumer agreement with the AK team, even though they got the cards as a promotional gift.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadow#1 said:
um GBA roms can not be ran from a slot1 flashcart.
I think he has a GBA Expansion Pak.

EDiT: Lol, I left and i forgot to refresh the page. Thats why I didn't see bustyman's reply.

chickendung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a Kingston 4 Gig Micro SD Card. How do I format it, and what do I format it as?

I've tried every single NDS rom I have on it, which is about 20 ROMs. I tried the Browser Also, since I have the Expansion RAM with the EZ3in1. I remember that 2 days ago, when I ran the browser, it would only show the toolbar. Then, only the Opera opening screen, then nothing, and then nothing for any other ROMs. I tried repairing the disk already, disk utility says it didn't need repairing. (I use a mac, but I also use windows with bootcamp)

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just took the simple way. Go to My Computer and right click on your Kingston 4 GB card and click Format. I would say format in FAT32 because thats what I use. Don't do Quick Format as it may not fix the problem. This is what I did for my problem.

chickendung

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck. I ordered an EDGE DS, the CycloDS clone, because I haven't heard any problems about it besides it sticking out a little, and that is fixed now.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.