Hacking AceKard 2 died after 2-3 days

Veign06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let people know. After about 2-3 days after getting my card. Started freezing when trying to load up a game or change any settings. Then after a while...it sticks when i turn on the DS, completes about half of the Nintendo DS logo and freezes. Checked their forum, and apparently they've had problems with a batch of some going bad. Should be getting a replacement, hopefully it will be better.

Heres a quote and link from acekard: "This issue caused by some bad connection of ak2, which means the ak2 is broken and need repair. Please contact your reseller for replacment. We're sorry about it and we've warned factory about this issue. I think it won't happened again."

Link: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...%3D1&page=2

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Uh oh... Shaun, better test that batch you got!
tongue.gif

I bought 10 for people as well... I hope they don't die.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Veign06 said:
Just to let people know. After about 2-3 days after getting my card. Started freezing when trying to load up a game or change any settings. Then after a while...it sticks when i turn on the DS, completes about half of the Nintendo DS logo and freezes. Checked their forum, and apparently they've had problems with a batch of some going bad. Should be getting a replacement, hopefully it will be better.

Heres a quote and link from acekard: "This issue caused by some bad connection of ak2, which means the ak2 is broken and need repair. Please contact your reseller for replacment. We're sorry about it and we've warned factory about this issue. I think it won't happened again."

Link: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...%3D1&page=2

ok but before you assumed it was your ak2 did you try your microsd on another flash it, or your nds with another flash kit?

-another world

Veign06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep tried with different card,. even bought new kingston 2gb and 4gb micros and both did the same thing. Tried it with 3 different DS systems, all the same. Changed firmware and everything...even took out the micro card and it still did it the first time (froze at half the nintendo ds logo), then afterwards it said no card in the slot. Other people have had the same problem (see link) and acekard themselves said they're apparently bad and need repaired.

Veign06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, same problem...looks like the problem may be when altering the skins/cheats. From what I've read that seems to be a common occurance. I can do without different skins and cheats, will just play games on it for a while when I get the replacement to see if it does better. Sorry I didnt notice that post, looks like it started out as something different and ended up on that. Thanks.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm maybe this is why AK2 prices are going down on DX? I recall DSTT having a batch-related issue as well (and the DSTT's price has gone down significantly then as well). Same thing w/ N5 flashcart (the price has gone down alot as well since the related blown fuse issue).

Accura

Trophies
XP
Country
I had exactly the same problem. It worked for lees than a day then it did what you described and now my DS won't detect it at all.

melon_55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HELP ME! my ds also froze when the nintendo thing is about half way but the thing is its been working for around 3 months. Also when i finaly get onto the main screen when i select my acekard it says it has a "FAT Error" HELP ME PLEASE I LOVE MY ACEKARD 2!!!!!
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
yaynds.gif
unsure.gif
blink.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try reformatting your microSD card and re-installing the kernel. If you still get the error, you probably have a bad AK2. Contact the store you got it from for a return.

-Bri

melon_55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive got all the updates on it and still it dosent work and it only started not working after 3 months and also i used the acekard just 3 hours before it stuffed up. also i knwo its not the sd card cos i took the sd card out of the acekard and then tried it and still the nintendo logo froze! also now it is starting to say "no card inserted" and the picture and writing is not showing in the box. ARGHHHH
hate2.gif
nds.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
frown.gif

Fantasma-del-Car

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, mine died too. It said "FAT ERROR." and yes, I tried everything. So its not my sd card, which costs 3 times more than the Acekard 2. I loved that card man, the ability to read text and play music from it was great. I guess I'll have to go back to the Itouch....

Pierre_

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought mine last week, received it 2 days ago...
Downloaded the latest system in acekard website, put 2-3 games in a "games" folder and switched on...
The bottom screen show me 3 folders (flash card, etc...) but the top screen is blank and if i select any of the 3 cards it freezes...
I try to reformat and install again the system, even the previous version, but nothing changes. it just freezes and i have to switch off...

HELP!!!!!
blink.gif

kirby145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased my card June 30 from Deal Extreme[[ultra guide]]. Last week it said FAT error but for some reason putting both cards back in fixed it. Today I have FAT error, and format will not fix it.

It is unfortunate because I was using some of the programs (graphing calcs) for school work and practice. There are computer versions, but a stylus is much better than a mouse for these things.

I will contact them tomorrow, and post their reply. If it goes through it will take a month, or more to get a new card
frown.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pierre_ said:
Downloaded the latest system in acekard website, put 2-3 games in a "games" folder and switched on...
The bottom screen show me 3 folders (flash card, etc...) but the top screen is blank and if i select any of the 3 cards it freezes...
I try to reformat and install again the system, even the previous version, but nothing changes. it just freezes and i have to switch off...

HELP!!!!!
blink.gif

What version of the firmware are you using? It may be a firmware problem (like you didn't install the firmware properly). The firmware has a file (akmenu4.nds) and a folder (__ak2) which contains a bunch of files. Both the "akmenu4.nds" file and "__ak2" folder need to go on the root of your microSD card. Always use the "safely remove hardware" utility to remove the microSD from your PC.

-Bri

direw0lf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pierre_ said:

HELP!!!!!
blink.gif

I just go mine last night and it did the same thing but only with the latest AIO
the official firmware worked fine. mine is a ver 2.1 if that makes a difference

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a