Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Click me.

I thought about getting it since Kyle (a guy that works at DX) said

"We are selling these only when they are on hand, like N5DS. Right now only a very limited quantity is available so the status will automatically be changed to sold out soon. Grab it while you can."

I also was wondering of getting the Cyclods. PharaohsVizier's review though was very interesting. It's GUI was very neat.

Well just made this to inform
ohmy.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't need the extra features like real-time save, slow-motion, in-game guide etc, this is the cart to get.

ExDee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
If you don't need the extra features like real-time save, slow-motion, in-game guide etc, this is the cart to get.

Umm can you explain what real-time save is and in-game guide xD. Idk these stuff I only have a noobish R4

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ExDee said:
Urza said:

Umm can you explain what real-time save is and in-game guide xD. Idk these stuff I only have a noobish R4
Real-time save lets you make a save state at any point in the game (like you can do with many emulators), and resume that point later on.

In-game guide lets you open up a pre-designated text file while the game is running.

imperfectimage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!@#$!@ I ordered the CycloDS like literally 6 hours before the review ( I had made a thread asking people if I should go with the Cyclo or AceKard 2). Well, I had one question. The review said that the AceKard didn't have some of the capabilities that other carts did. But are those capabilites that be adresses through future updates (even the expansion cart support)? And this question is to Urza: If you have used a CycloDS before, which cart between the two would you suggest to me (I am really new at this)?

imperfectimage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what I know of the CycloDS and the AceKard2 (and what can be added later on), and what i know is really limited, the CycloDS and the AceKard 2 can possibly be very similar to each other..and I just spent 60 dollars on a cart that I could have bought for 30?
hate2.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
imperfectimage said:
So from what I know of the CycloDS and the AceKard2 (and what can be added later on), and what i know is really limited, the CycloDS and the AceKard 2 can possibly be very similar to each other..and I just spent 60 dollars on a cart that I could have bought for 30?
hate2.gif

just cancel the order and get an AK2 before they run out

imperfectimage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am really thinking about it. Oh yeah, and I lied..sort of. I order the Cyclo on Wednesday. It is still on backorder at RealHotStuff, so I am hoping that they just cancel and refund.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imperfectimage said:
hate2.gif
No. The cycloDS has an in-game menu, where you can access an assortment of things without quitting your game. There is a 99% chance that the AK2 will never have this.

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to agree with Mewgia on this subject.

It seems unrealistic for the Acekard team to go out on a limb to produce such features for a card they clearly declare or determine as their budget. It may be highly flattering for them to go out and produce it, but than again, why would they want to waste their resources on it?

The CycloDS is clearly marketed as a more higher-end card. It has features that most players would not require (asides from the real-time save function), but you'd have to seriously ask yourself if it is worth the extra $20-30 for yourself as a gamer. If you just want to play your games like normal, as it was intended, than their is absolutely no reason to go for a flash cartridge such as the CycloDS because AK2 and other budget cards offer great compatibility, which is arguably the most important feature of everything.

On the other hand, DealExtreme being sold out of these isn't unrealistic. To my knowledge, the supplier is just now shipping out units widely now.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mewgia said:
imperfectimage said:
hate2.gif
No. The cycloDS has an in-game menu, where you can access an assortment of things without quitting your game. There is a 99% chance that the AK2 will never have this.
Nonsense, Supercard never had any in game menu nor Real time save, later on with updates it had Real time save in time save menu and all these things
I'd say chance is 50%, Which is if they will bother to make it or not

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
WOW it was shurely very quickly soled out from DX, good that long time ago I preordered somewhere acekard rpg and waited couple of months but now I dont have to worry about its successor
biggrin.gif
, as for acekard and cool features like in game menu it is all matter not of acekard team which are lazy
smile.gif
but it is matter will bliss Normmatt and Smiths be willing to make those features someday they are real deal in acekard scene now
smile.gif

ExDee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I didnt expect 2 pages already in this thread after 1 day. Well If you buy it from Dealextreme, they have so fast shipping. My orders were shipped in 2 weeks! Enough of the sarcasm. Their shipping is as slow as a turtle. Well what do you expect? It's shipped by boat from China to the US..Thats why their shipping is free xD

Well ima get the CycloDS. The AceKard 2 is kinda a rip off. I talked to Kyle (Worker in DX) he said that the price will even go up to 45-50. Well thats so gaylord. Anyways AceKard team said "it will have no lagg no matter what card you use". I disagree. I just saw the review video of PharaohsVizier and CastleVania: PoR was lagging in the video.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Mewgia said:

More like theres a 50/50 chance of the Acekard team releasing those features, I myself have looked into a in-game menu and it theoretically shouldn't be too hard at least on the RPG, Real Time Cheats and Real Time Guide also shouldn't be "that" hard but weather or not i feel like trying to implement them is another story.

ExDee

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Mewgia said:

More like theres a 50/50 chance of the Acekard team releasing those features, I myself have looked into a in-game menu and it theoretically shouldn't be too hard at least on the RPG, Real Time Cheats and Real Time Guide also shouldn't be "that" hard but weather or not i feel like trying to implement them is another story.

Hmm. Question. What's Real Time Cheat? i heard of it. Surely the R4 doesn't have it. Is it like cheating ingame? without having to go in the man menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.