AceKard 2 alternate firmwares

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by GrathXVI, Aug 3, 2008.

Aug 3, 2008

AceKard 2 alternate firmwares by GrathXVI at 4:49 PM (1,645 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. GrathXVI
    OP

Newcomer GrathXVI Member

United States
    Alright, I just ordered an AceKard 2 off DealWoot and it arrived promptly [​IMG]
    I've been playing around with some games, and Portrait of Ruin and The World Ends With You froze up during gameplay.
    I tried the Bliss firmware final version and it worked for TWEWY, I haven't tried it with PoR yet.
    Are there any other alternate firmwares, or is it just the official version and the Bliss version?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  3. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I recommend AKAIO as well. [​IMG]

4. GrathXVI
    OP

Newcomer GrathXVI Member

United States
    Awesome, thanks.
    I just installed AKAIO, and set some stuff up, but when I tried to boot up TWEWY it just changed the bottom screen to a black screen.
    Then I re-tried and it started giving me a 'Processing' error, so I panicked and turned it off, re-loaded the 4.07 official loader with blissmenu in __ak2 and using the Bliss menu worked again.
    Is it normal to take a bit of time processing when I first use AKAIO? Also, I had renamed the loaders in /ak2loader/ so I could tell which was which ('blissmenu4', 'akmenu408beta', and 'akmenu407') if it makes a difference.

5. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I've been wondering, what is TWEWY?

6. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
  7. Bri

United States
    You can rename the loaders in the "ak2loader" folder to whatever you want but they may need to have a ".nds" extension. The "ak2loader" folder needs to go inside the "__aio" folder rather than at the root.

-Bri

8. GrathXVI
    OP

Newcomer GrathXVI Member

United States
    Yeah, I had it set up like that. I left the .nds off 'cause they all had that and they all had that originally.
    And like the processing bar got to full and didn't go away, then I panicked after a few seconds of full processing bar.

9. Bri

United States
    Once you have the loaders in the correct folder, you can assign them to individual games. So did you try setting a different loader for TWEWY, such as the beta?

I never had any problems with TWEWY at all, but I never tried it with AIO (I removed it from my microSD after I finished the game).

-Bri

10. GrathXVI
    OP

Newcomer GrathXVI Member

United States
    I had problems with the 4.07blablabla loader and the 4.08 beta loader (and I did force it to 'Beta'), Bliss loader fixed my problems
    I did set it to Bliss loader in AIO.