Acekard 2 (2 questions)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by alexjzim, Jul 8, 2008.

1. alexjzim
    OP

alexjzim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2008
    United States
    1) Hi people, i remember reading somewhere that you could put the sakura firmware onto the acekard 2, which i do not think is true. But if any1 has time and could try it, that would help me alot (since i bought one).

2) The second question is, does anyone know what the percentage rate for the acekard 2 falure is? i didnt know about teh falure when i bought it, and it was too late to cancel. Also, if its faulty, is there a new firmware you could use that might make it work, like custom made ones?

2. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    1. Yes, there is a version of Sakura out that runs on the AK2 (and other DLDI capable carts) but it's only a demo -- it doesn't run commercial ROMs and only runs some homebrew.

2. Nobody really knows but I've heard one retailer estimate that about 10% of the carts from the affected batches are bad. There is currently no software fix for it, nor is there likely to ever be since it's a hardware failure. Your only remedy would be to return the cart to the store you bought it from. Acekard has a 1 year warranty of their carts.

-Bri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice