Acekard 2 (2 questions)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by alexjzim, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008

Acekard 2 (2 questions) by alexjzim at 12:49 AM (788 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. alexjzim
    OP

Newcomer alexjzim Advanced Member

United States
    1) Hi people, i remember reading somewhere that you could put the sakura firmware onto the acekard 2, which i do not think is true. But if any1 has time and could try it, that would help me alot (since i bought one).

2) The second question is, does anyone know what the percentage rate for the acekard 2 falure is? i didnt know about teh falure when i bought it, and it was too late to cancel. Also, if its faulty, is there a new firmware you could use that might make it work, like custom made ones?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    1. Yes, there is a version of Sakura out that runs on the AK2 (and other DLDI capable carts) but it's only a demo -- it doesn't run commercial ROMs and only runs some homebrew.

2. Nobody really knows but I've heard one retailer estimate that about 10% of the carts from the affected batches are bad. There is currently no software fix for it, nor is there likely to ever be since it's a hardware failure. Your only remedy would be to return the cart to the store you bought it from. Acekard has a 1 year warranty of their carts.

-Bri