Hacking Acekard 2.1 release 1.6 R3 (bad kard batch fix)

Strikerbiker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I wrong about the release of the firmware version 1.6 R2 was just early last month (March 2010)? What is the likelyhood of Akaio cranking out 1.6 R3 with a fix for the bad batch of AK2.1 kards so soon after the last one?

I wish I had read further on these forums and learned that the AK2.1 since Dec. 09 has been bad, but the reality is I find myself spending much more time researching $13 electronic products then I spend researching $1000 ones... At one point I just stop and order the damn thing.

I assumed (poorly) the thing worked, and I came here simply to learn how to install it. Believe it or not going from zero knowledge on a subject to functional knowledge requires a lot of information filtering and often results in tunnel vision.

If it was simply a question of money (and maybe it is), I would simply order the AK2.1i. My patience to wait the 3 weeks for delivery from priceangels may not hold out though thus I am considering hedging my bet that the firmware will be published sooner.

Honestly it's been kind of a fun adventure though, first getting the DS, learning about the existence of Kards and then installing it, then learning about Kard firmware etc...

What do you think? Should I wait for the firmware upgrade and hope it works. Or just order the 2i?

Can anyone with a good historical perspective on the evolution of firmwares for the AK2.1 predict how long it might take to get the next one?

For me its not about about the 16 bucks for a new kard, it's about the 3 weeks wait and loosing the battle to get what I already have to work.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are really that fed up waiting, you could always invest in Cryostasis, or simply buy an Acekard 2i. It's only 3 weeks in you buy from abroad, order a cart from the US now and you might have it by the weekend.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Simplymods.com has it for 16.50 with 3 day shipping...why not just buy within the USA?

Edit: firwmare updates are pretty uncommon, what AKAIO usually updates in is just loaders. I'd recommend getting an AK2i...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too