Hacking Acekard 2.1 or 2i for NDSL?

mckele

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buying the kids new flashcarts as i'm fed up with the r4's.
Which is better to buy ,is there much difference between 2.1 and 2i if not using on Ndsi?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using it on a DSi there's no difference.

Go with the 2i though. It's only a few bucks more and it'll save you from getting another cart if they decide to move to a DSi eventually.

EDIT:
Schizoanalysis said:
2.1 will direct boot.

2i will boot to the menu.

I'd choose 2.1 for this reason.
Wut.
If you're talking about autobooting the last played ROM, that works on a 2i just fine.
If you're talking about skipping the health and menu screens to go directly to the cart, that's done by modding the DS/Lite and has nothing to do with the cart used.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If they are very young kids, the extra step clicking the menu might confuse them.

Or it might not.

EDIT:

Wut?

AK2i on my DSL boots to the Nintendo menu first (Danny Phantom or Alex Rider Stormbreaker), whereas AK2.1 boots straight to AKAIO.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Schizoanalysis said:
AK2i on my DSL boots to the Nintendo menu first (Danny Phantom or Alex Rider Stormbreaker), whereas AK2.1 boots straight to AKAIO.
That's the first I've heard of this, what's the auto-boot method you used, and does it work with retail carts?

On my Japanese DS Lite, all non-DSi flashcards boot straight to the flashcard menu... R4, AK 2.1, M3 Real... etc...

But retail games not.

The DSi flash cards, however, boot to the Nintendo menu (and show Danny or whatever the icon is).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today