Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:
Sonia said:
Pff. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy me a 2i then.

Also, has any one tried buying from 0Shipping Zone?
Yes, but last I look they don't sell the acekard2is only the 2s

Um, I meant buying an acekard 2.1 from them and trying it. Does it do the same crap?

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:
rody2k6 said:
dolemite01 said:
Same issue, purchased from Real Hot Sales
old old Acekard firmware will allow old old games to work but nothing new will.
RHS hasn't responded to emails.

I bought a Acekard 2i from RHS, it arrived and works wonderful (I have AKAIO 1.5 and not 1.5.1 - I just dont feel like upgrading)

But since this is a topic about saves...all the famous games they save alright...but lesser know games...they wont even LOAD...should I change the SAVE type for them?
Moreover its about Acekard 2s not 2is, so yes your card would work.

My question is, do I need to tell the Acekard what save type each game uses (64k, 1M, etc) or do I leave it at auto, because on the famous games, AUTO works fine, but on the lesser known game it doesn't.

lukeloop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well isn't this just great. I got two Acekard 2. i as replacements for my Acekard 2.1 only to find that one of the acekard 2.i is probably a clone. Just great isnt it..

First Dx THEN the 2.i from FP. Unbelievable. Bastards. Garrrrrrrrrr

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:
Avoid RHS in the future, what a complete joke. They refuse to replace the card with another one, in order to even talk about replacement I have to purchase another card and then send the defective one back, once they receive the defective one back they will credit my card. Not paying two times over for the chance at another defective card. Avoid, hopefully acekard/normatt will find a solution.

We suggested that way so you didn't have to wait for the package to be returned back to us and then we send another one to you. If you prefer to wait out for it. It's all fine with us.

We do test every replacement before we send out to our customers. For those who got replacement from us in the past can confirm that for us.

Acekard has not responded to any of the questions from us or our supplier. They had a bad batch of Acekard 2. We are the victim of their bad batch as well. We are willing to take care of the issue at our best. We had sent out replacement before customers returned their bad ones to us. However, that did not work out too well in the past. Some of them never returned theirs back to us. We therefore suggested our customers to place a new order so they can get it faster. We then refund the original order when we receive it.

There is absolutely no way to please every customers. We learned that from our experience in the last few years. However, we are doing our best

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dolemite01 said:
Same issue, purchased from Real Hot Sales
old old Acekard firmware will allow old old games to work but nothing new will.
RHS hasn't responded to emails.

I believe we responded to every email we received. If you have not received reply from us, it could have gone into your junk mail folder.

We checked your posts and found most of them (4 out of 6) were talking bad things about us without much facts. Please let us know why you are so upset about us. Not responding to your email? Not allowing you to exchange your defective item? We replied to the other post you had about us.

(It is very difficult to maintain a online store in US with the threat from Nintendo about DMCA law. You guys are certainly making it harder for us to keep our store running. Pretty soon, you will all have to purchase the flashcarts from China where they do not provide much of the customer service and you will be fine with that when you have o other choices.

fairuza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so a semi-fix for bad ak2s is to dl the older (firmware ak2_407_a15_20080626_release.zip) from acekard. but what do you do with that? if you copy all files to card it overwrites akaio. is that what everyone is doing because i wanted to use akaio still.

Aksen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fairuza said:
so a semi-fix for bad ak2s is to dl the older (firmware ak2_407_a15_20080626_release.zip) from acekard. but what do you do with that? if you copy all files to card it overwrites akaio. is that what everyone is doing because i wanted to use akaio still.

AKAIO isn't working on the bad cards. That 407 official is what I'm running.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Sonia @ Jan 30 2010, 07:05 AM) Pff. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy me a 2i then.

Also, has any one tried buying from 0Shipping Zone?

I got a 2i from them, it only took a week tog et to me (fromd ate of purchase). Better experience than DX.

masbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
realhotstuff said:
Acekard has not responded to any of the questions from us or our supplier. They had a bad batch of Acekard 2. We are the victim of their bad batch as well.

when you hear from Acekard, can you please confirm here if it's a bad batch or one with new/modified firmware? I got one of those new ones and don't know if I should wait for new AKAIO version or ask for refund...

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masbass said:
realhotstuff said:
Acekard has not responded to any of the questions from us or our supplier. They had a bad batch of Acekard 2. We are the victim of their bad batch as well.

when you hear from Acekard, can you please confirm here if it's a bad batch or one with new/modified firmware? I got one of those new ones and don't know if I should wait for new AKAIO version or ask for refund...

Get a Acekard 2i, it is the best out there.

I boughy my Acekard 2i from Real Hot Stuff and it works AMAZING!

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
masbass said:
realhotstuff said:

We have not heard from Acekard at all. Their support has been one of the worst. Acekard 2i is not much better than Acekard 2.1. They are having problem producing a working Acekrad 2i as of now. The ones that work, they claimed those are fakes even though supplier told us they came from the same source. The reason Acekard is selling wel is because of AKAIO. Without AKAIO, Acekard is more like another R4 but with worse quality. Acekard has the highest defective rate with all the flashcarts we carry. We have been trying to contact them without any success.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
realhotstuff said:
rody2k6 said:
masbass said:
realhotstuff said:

We have not heard from Acekard at all. Their support has been one of the worst. Acekard 2i is not much better than Acekard 2.1. They are having problem producing a working Acekrad 2i as of now. The ones that work, they claimed those are fakes even though supplier told us they came from the same source. The reason Acekard is selling wel is because of AKAIO. Without AKAIO, Acekard is more like another R4 but with worse quality. Acekard has the highest defective rate with all the flashcarts we carry. We have been trying to contact them without any success.

Well have you guys done any returns for bad Acekard 2i? I got mine this week (Thursday - 28th) and it was FINE, I even use AKAIO, which would no run if it was a clone.

So my is a real one, but did I get lucky RHS?

ANd if so, what carts should I buy - I am planning to buy 4 more carts for some kids at my church, but I need a reliable card

realhotstuff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
realhotstuff said:
rody2k6 said:
masbass said:
realhotstuff said:

Well have you guys done any returns for bad Acekard 2i? I got mine this week (Thursday - 28th) and it was FINE, I even use AKAIO, which would no run if it was a clone.

So my is a real one, but did I get lucky RHS?

ANd if so, what carts should I buy - I am planning to buy 4 more carts for some kids at my church, but I need a reliable card

Yes, a lot of them. The defective rate is around 5% which is the highest among all the flashcarts. We test a lot of them, however, they still break after sometime of use.

By PoLOr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting 5 flashcards for my nieces and 1 nephew. I decided to buy from RHS , but I think this time I will buy the DSTT. It has similar price and reading the forums on this site I think they have much fewer issues.

pcmanrules

Trophies
Website
pcmanrules.geek.nz
XP
Country
New Zealand
By PoLOr said:
I am getting 5 flashcards for my nieces and 1 nephew. I decided to buy from RHS , but I think this time I will buy the DSTT. It has similar price and reading the forums on this site I think they have much fewer issues.

Out of using R4DS, M3i Zero and Acekard 2i i would recommend the Acekard over the old R4DS/DSTT.

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, a lot of them. The defective rate is around 5% which is the highest among all the flashcarts. We test a lot of them, however, they still break after sometime of use.

When you mean break, is it HARDWARE based? SOFTWARE? I don't plan on removing my cart at all lol from my DS anyways.

But give me a light, which is the best cart that RHS is selling know --- with the minimum defective rate

Galerians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By PoLOr said:
Still no new "fix" I'm just waiting to see if a newer version of the firmware will work. However I'm pretty sure DX will send you a replacement without requesting you send back the defective unit. Thats what they did for Hasney and I just received a response from my RMA request that they were doing the same for me! Great customer service over there. I'm pretty happy about it. hopefull they have singled out the defective batch and are sending out ones that actually work. If not oh well I'll just have two cards that support older games.

They answered me, a new acekard will be shipped. Great customer service DX.

adder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well focalprice is also replacing it for me free and without asking for the faulty back. I told them if DX are doing why they can't, and I got reply please pay $1.70 for postage and they will send me another one.

Those of you who are being asked to send back the fulty ones, ask for the postage of sending it back, and aslo do a paypal dispute.

macrox

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
macrox.gshi.org
XP
Country
United States
NO NO NO!!!

This problem has nothing what so ever to do with the hardware. Acekard 2.1 with HW 80 has an issue with the firmware!

After many many hours of working on this I finally saw a post somewhere by this guy creamsoda which revealed this problem has been going on ever since firmware 4.08. I tested each firmware from 4.07 up to the one just released Feb 1, 2010 and they all have the same problem with the loading of game saves. The only one that works is 4.07. The new 4.21 has even more issues in that games that were loading before now give a white screen. I have posted elsewhere on the web and have written to Acekard telling them their programming and testing are sloppy at best. There simply is no need to have all this going on and I admonished them that their retailers are getting pretty annoyed with all the returns when the cards are in fact fine, yet are being returned or simply not ordered because of THEIR FIRMWARE.

The end result is really the same. Does it really matter if the card hardware or its firmware are the issues? In the end...the damn thing is not working correctly and that is the bottom line.

Good Luck to all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"