Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes and wont load games on it

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few minutes ago I wanted to play some game, but when I turned on the DS, and pressed on the acekard2 box ... the loading message appeared as usual, but then when the games list screen appears ... the screen freezes! I see the background images, the start, brightness, upper left folder icons ... but there arent any games in the list! Only the blue highlighter. Also I tried using the acekard without the microsdhc card to see what happens, and when I click on it the message "fat error" appears.
Does anybody have any experience with something similar to this? ... is this a microsdhc problem or maybe the acekard has died?

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
this also happened just this morning to my acekard 2i.. i reformatted my micro sd, re-installed AKAIO 1.4.1 with the latest loaders and still im stuck at the game list screen.. the solution i found however is that, i deleted the global settings.ini file and i switched to the Adv. Evo. and Zelda skins and the acekard 2i worked normally like before.. the culprit that i found is when i switch back to the skin that i created.. that causes the lock-up.. funny thing is, ive been using that skin for quite some time now and this happened.. is this a bug or something?

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikoexe said:
this also happened just this morning to my acekard 2i.. i reformatted my micro sd, re-installed AKAIO 1.4.1 with the latest loaders and still im stuck at the game list screen.. the solution i found however is that, i deleted the global settings.ini file and i switched to the Adv. Evo. and Zelda skins and the acekard 2i worked normally like before.. the culprit that i found is when i switch back to the skin that i created.. that causes the lock-up.. funny thing is, ive been using that skin for quite some time now and this happened.. is this a bug or something?

Thx for the quick response. I did some research here and it seemed that the problem was with the akaio software, so I downloaded the official ak2 firmware from their site (updated till 04.09.09) and tried to see if it will work. Well, it worked. But now with what you said, it looks like the problem was the custom background I created. Im gonna do what u did, and try to load the cart with the akaio software.

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I deleted the global settings file so I can access the microsdhc in a default way. I didnt deleted my custom background skin. Everything worked fine. I switched skins from adv evo to zelda and had no problems. However, when I tried switching to my custom skin, the screen froze just as I mentioned before. Therefore, like kikoexe said, the problem lies in the custom skins. I have been using this one for nearly 2 months and never have had any problems ... but it is the cause of the "glitch". I guess Im stuck with the default zelda theme then =/.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
then i guess the peeps who maintain AKAIO should look into this.. glad to be of help btw..
wink.gif

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
I have a custom skin but the folder is named zelda because I cant get the new skin to work. I had no problems with my custom skin. Perhaps it was the name of the folder that's keeping it alive and well

i tried this and when i switched to the skin, it still freezes..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE