Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes and wont load games on it

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few minutes ago I wanted to play some game, but when I turned on the DS, and pressed on the acekard2 box ... the loading message appeared as usual, but then when the games list screen appears ... the screen freezes! I see the background images, the start, brightness, upper left folder icons ... but there arent any games in the list! Only the blue highlighter. Also I tried using the acekard without the microsdhc card to see what happens, and when I click on it the message "fat error" appears.
Does anybody have any experience with something similar to this? ... is this a microsdhc problem or maybe the acekard has died?

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
this also happened just this morning to my acekard 2i.. i reformatted my micro sd, re-installed AKAIO 1.4.1 with the latest loaders and still im stuck at the game list screen.. the solution i found however is that, i deleted the global settings.ini file and i switched to the Adv. Evo. and Zelda skins and the acekard 2i worked normally like before.. the culprit that i found is when i switch back to the skin that i created.. that causes the lock-up.. funny thing is, ive been using that skin for quite some time now and this happened.. is this a bug or something?

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikoexe said:
this also happened just this morning to my acekard 2i.. i reformatted my micro sd, re-installed AKAIO 1.4.1 with the latest loaders and still im stuck at the game list screen.. the solution i found however is that, i deleted the global settings.ini file and i switched to the Adv. Evo. and Zelda skins and the acekard 2i worked normally like before.. the culprit that i found is when i switch back to the skin that i created.. that causes the lock-up.. funny thing is, ive been using that skin for quite some time now and this happened.. is this a bug or something?

Thx for the quick response. I did some research here and it seemed that the problem was with the akaio software, so I downloaded the official ak2 firmware from their site (updated till 04.09.09) and tried to see if it will work. Well, it worked. But now with what you said, it looks like the problem was the custom background I created. Im gonna do what u did, and try to load the cart with the akaio software.

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I deleted the global settings file so I can access the microsdhc in a default way. I didnt deleted my custom background skin. Everything worked fine. I switched skins from adv evo to zelda and had no problems. However, when I tried switching to my custom skin, the screen froze just as I mentioned before. Therefore, like kikoexe said, the problem lies in the custom skins. I have been using this one for nearly 2 months and never have had any problems ... but it is the cause of the "glitch". I guess Im stuck with the default zelda theme then =/.

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
then i guess the peeps who maintain AKAIO should look into this.. glad to be of help btw..
wink.gif

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
I have a custom skin but the folder is named zelda because I cant get the new skin to work. I had no problems with my custom skin. Perhaps it was the name of the folder that's keeping it alive and well

i tried this and when i switched to the skin, it still freezes..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    this new xenforo version keeps logging me out, whyh
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    not sure. I haven't had that issue. the only computer related issue I've been having is with my isp and the smtp server getting authentication errors randomly. I'm going to have to call them again. this started happening again after changing my password.
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like this for random people, including myself. that will prevent being logged out or it did anyway.
    Gift
    godreborn @ godreborn: you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like...