Acekard 2.1 faster than Acekard 2i on DS Lite?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by thoraine, Nov 9, 2012.

1. thoraine
    OP

Newcomer thoraine Member

Singapore
    Hi, I recently purchased the 2i even though I already own a 2.1 to prepare for my upgrade to a DSi.

However it seems that while using the same MicroSD card, the load times for the 2i on my NDS Lite from the white Nintendo screen to the files browser screen is significantly slower than the load times for the 2.1. Why is this so?

I hope someone can help me out here. I tested by putting only 1 .nds file with the appropriate AKAIO files and it still is slower, so it's probably nothing to do with the amount of games I have.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The boot time for the 2i is slower as it needs to do more crap to bypass the AP of the DSi and 3DS.

The 2.1, on the other hand, was made before this was needed, and it's boot time is faster because it doesn't need to set that extra crap up.

3. thoraine
    OP

Newcomer thoraine Member

Singapore
    I see. I thought maybe it would auto-detect what model it was plugged into and maybe bypass all the unneeded steps.

4. Rydian

United States
    Nah, none of the carts do that because it'd make production of the cart more expensive and it only helps people on the original DS and Lite, which aren't the current models, and still work with older carts anyways.

5. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    Nope. I think it was suggested but never implemented. Like how my 2i when inserted in the DSi still offers the option to access the Slot-2 functions etc

6. Rydian

United States
    There's not enough space on them anyways.