Hacking Acekard 2.1 Battery Life?

iggyzizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've lurked here for a LONG time but I've never posted.

On the AceKard 2 review by Urza, there is no mention about the performance of the battery life. Has anyone done any tests on the AK2 compared to standard DS Karts or can anyone at least give me a few estimates on how long the battery lasts with the AK2?

Also, does battery life change dramatically with standard firmware and AKAIO?

For months I've been using an R4 that pretty much equals a standard cart in battery life and I've been pleased so far. My AK2 just shipped from DX (I ordered two weeks ago
rolleyes.gif
, typical), and should be arriving soon. My 4GB Sandisk MicroSD is waiting.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get about 2 hours on full brightness. Perhaps a bit unacceptable. I may have to invest in a larger capacity battery.

iggyzizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, that sucks. I really love the GUI and everything about the AK2, including it's price. Battery life is a huge issue for me, so I might end up purchasing a CycloDS.

iggyzizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewp said:
double capacity batterys are so cheap you may aswell jst get a battery

Am I required to use one of those cheesy battery covers?

I'm kind of tired of opening up my DS, I just fixed a power switch on my old, broken DSL. Well, it's still old and broken, but it works now. I think opening up the battery slot isn't too big of a deal, though, it's just one screw. I don't want to screw up my good DS that's fairly new.

I'd do it if I didn't have to use their cover.

iggyzizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I know that the CycloDS gets around 3+ on highest brightness, which is really good.

I guess I'll just wait for it to come and see what happens.

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diosoth said:
I get about 2 hours on full brightness. Perhaps a bit unacceptable. I may have to invest in a larger capacity battery.

really?! i had no idea it was that bad. :-(

well i already boughgt one (its being shipped from dx) so ill just deal with it. i mostly play at home anyway. but wow, 2 hours really sucks.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting an AK2 soon, but I can imagine it will be comparable to with my EZ5+ and 3in1 now at about 12 hours at brightness two of four.
yaynds.gif

With regards to the replacement 2000mAh batteries, they will still fit with a normal battery cover, the cheesy included clip-on/off one is just a freebie.
smile.gif

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Private message me with your email for a battery life tester in case you need one. Urza has it too but the lazy git apparently does not bother using it.
tongue.gif

It's made by t4ils - and might corrupt your SD, so be wary!

Also, I get six-eight hours at second lowest brightness.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taza said:
Private message me with your email for a battery life tester in case you need one. Urza has it too but the lazy git apparently does not bother using it.
tongue.gif

It's made by t4ils - and might corrupt your SD, so be wary!

Also, I get six-eight hours at second lowest brightness.

Or I could just take the battery out and use a volt meter to test it, to see if it's even holding the proper full charge.

iggyzizzle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vikkie said:
Hmm, i got an Acekard 2.1 and i can play 10 hours (with an EZFlash 3-1 in slot 2)

Seems a lot better than some other people are claiming. Did you use the EZFlash as a rumble or were you playing GBA games? What brightness was your screen on?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Battery life is massively dependent on brightness, AGE, wifi, and even what game you are playing.

I had a battery that was 2 years old, and it had probably less than half the life of my brand new (from a new DS) battery.

Obviously max. brightness you will not get above 4 hours, but lowest can go up to 15 hours.

Using a flashcard has very little effect on battery life... the most difference it makes is about 30 mins.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joey90 said:
Battery life is massively dependent on brightness, AGE, wifi, and even what game you are playing.
True. I think the most reliable and simple way to measure the battery life is leaving the DS playing the Mario Kart intro until it turns off.
People are making comparisons with different brightness, games...

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've just been experimenting with my new AK 2.1, today. Due to testing the PassMe functionality, I left my old G6 (which is known for reducing the battery life) in Slot-2. I was surprised at the poor time I received out of my battery. It was a DS Tank and 10% of the time would have been spent playing with the media players, which could have reduced it. From a near-full charge, I received approximately 4.5 hrs battery life.

Even if I was only using slot one, could having the G6 Lite in Slot-2 have impacted on the battery life?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr